Lighting Option on Extended Warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The FloodESP warranty I just purchased has an $80 option to cover all interior and exterior lights over the 8/125000. As with any warranty item, I pay the first $100. With seemingly everything on these new vehicles being more expensive these days, I'm thinking one HID headlamp replacement or an interior console light out covers that and probably more.

Anyone opted for the lighting coverage?

Edwin C Aldredge

Reaction score
I did, yeah. I think the taillights are over $600, and I haven't priced the headlights but the HIDs aren't cheap from Ford.

And if one goes out, it isn't like that is something I'd just accept as inoperable.....

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This warranty covers the fixture or just the bulbs? I wouldn't think that the fixture would ever go out... Well, maybe. But most likely the bulb. How much was said warranty. Just curious.

I obviously didnt purchase.

OP
OP
Bill Schell

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This warranty covers the fixture or just the bulbs? I wouldn't think that the fixture would ever go out... Well, maybe. But most likely the bulb. How much was said warranty. Just curious.

I obviously didnt purchase.

$80 for all OEM lighting (lamps).

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The catch on lighting, in my opinion, is that LEDs have some insane lifespan length. The more likely scenario would be breaking the light via fender bender or impact. This wouldn't be any warranty or service agreement coverage, but insurance.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nate....agreed that LED's last forever, but I did the lighting option. I figure in the case one would go bad for whatever reason, $80 is stupid cheap. Sometimes they do "burn out", and with all LED's, I think it was a good deal.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nate....agreed that LED's last forever, but I did the lighting option. I figure in the case one would go bad for whatever reason, $80 is stupid cheap. Sometimes they do "burn out", and with all LED's, I think it was a good deal.
$80 is cheap insurance

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
....And I thought $80 didn't sound right. Looked up my paperwork, I only paid $55 for lighting. Maybe cost changes with terms, I don't know. I have 72/75,000 ESP.