Lug nut insanity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
Prolly should notify county health department ... maybe the restaurant itself?
Best to nip these things in the bud. No good reason a restaurant cant cook food properly.

You didnt drink Genny Scream Ale did you?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Looks like you replaced tin-shrouded American junk with Chinese pot-metal junk. I think the original ones were safer, though probably a pain, to say the least. Watch out for them, they tend to strip out easily. I had no idea Ford used this garbage on Expeditions.

Do they fall apart even if you use the correct metric socket, whatever the hell that is?

Boy, do I miss my Excursion.

Hope the wings are passing...

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like you replaced tin-shrouded American junk with Chinese pot-metal junk. I think the original ones were safer, though probably a pain, to say the least. Watch out for them, they tend to strip out easily. I had no idea Ford used this garbage on Expeditions.

Do they fall apart even if you use the correct metric socket, whatever the hell that is?

Boy, do I miss my Excursion.

Hope the wings are passing...
Wrong. I had a set of these on my 05 and the are very good quality and they don't rust or get nicked up when you use the impact wrench on them. I took them off my 05 and was going to put them on my 17 but they changed the tread pitch on the newer ones.

Plati

Reaction score
Id rather be dead than feel like I do right now. Terrible. My dads buddy is sick as well apparently. Definitely will be making a call to the place.
Been there, done that.
Do us a favor, don't die!

look at is as a way to lose weight!

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those nuts will definitely be on my list of things to get. Thanks for the link.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck with the wings.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I have those same lug nuts on mine and they are good quality!

J did you have to break up the cover on the nuts? Mine were destroyed and I just hammered a socket into them and was able to back them all out without much trouble.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those nuts will definitely be on my list of things to get. Thanks for the link.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck with the wings.
I do have the set I took off my 05, that look like new and that I am planning to sell at a significantly reduced price. If you are interested, PM me and I'll send you pictures.