Lug nut insanity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have those same lug nuts on mine and they are good quality!

J did you have to break up the cover on the nuts? Mine were destroyed and I just hammered a socket into them and was able to back them all out without much trouble.

"I have the same they are good quality.... were destroyed....just hammered a socket into them...without much trouble" ???????

Seriously gooooood quality lol

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"I have the same they are good quality.... were destroyed....just hammered a socket into them...without much trouble" ???????

Seriously gooooood quality lol
I think he is saying the replacements linked on Amazon are good quality. And the other is his issues with the OEM Ford ones

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Id rather be dead than feel like I do right now. Terrible. My dads buddy is sick as well apparently. Definitely will be making a call to the place.

If you're thinking it's anything bacterial, get your doctor to give you Nifuroxazide (american brand name Ambatrol i think?)... treats anything from salmonella to (allegedly) bubonic plague.

I once literally spent 2 or 3 weeks crawling from the couch to the crapper and back while abroad, finally went to a nice modern looking cash-money-upfront, no government insurance ******** accepted clinic....doc prescribed me that and some electrolytes, said it nukes pretty much any bacteria that don't belong.... half a day later, felt like a human being. Next day, like new.

Now keep a stash in my desk and a blister pack in my glovebox. WORKS.

Doesn't nuke your gut flora, neither.

Has always been an essential must-have for 3rd world countries....and now that we're turning into yet another 3rd world place with 3rd world problems, it's a must have here in America too.

Recently had to use some after meeting some friends at Shakey's Pizza where BOTH pizza bingers and no-thanks-I'll-have-a-salad types ended up with explosive diarrhea...felt atrocious for 3 days, remembered this stuff on day 4, and was fine a few hours later

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Ah

That would make sense

Duh... ;)

But about a month isn't nearly enough time to tell for sure but someone saying they rusted in 2 months was why I spoke up. Obviously I'll keep my eye on them and report back is I notice any issues.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By sheer coincidence, the very next day after reading this, I met with the very shear-off lug nuts described herein when procuring some used alloys (SSV steelies use a far more durable acorn design)

Ended up buying these cheapie pseudo-wheel-locks, got two sets black and chrome cuz I wasnt sure - prolly gonna return the black, kinda like the chrome with blacked out wheels... NOTE: black held up OK to being impacted on and off though, I just like the chrome a bit more

Screenshot_2018-03-30-00-17-48.png

...or is it bad karma to return a product you've used an impact on, even if it looks fine?

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do have the set I took off my 05, that look like new and that I am planning to sell at a significantly reduced price. If you are interested, PM me and I'll send you pictures.

Hey all, just wanted to give a huge shout-out to @ExpeditionAndy ! I bought these used lug nuts from him. They arrived yesterday, and look even better than the pictures he sent me of them! He also threw in a small surprise, which is also greatly appreciated. Andy was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish.
Thanks again Andy!