New Sequoia vs 22+ Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the exterior looks of the new Seq but LOVE my '22 Timberline. Twin turbo sounds and performs amazing. Our 90lb lab also loves the 2d row bench when all seats are folded down (wish they had the factory rubber backing for 2d row tho). We fill in the gaps with pillows, lay a dog mat down and he has a house back there ;) Now if I could just get a 2" lift that works properly for it and some Raptor or Bronco size rims/tires it would be perfect :/ We're enjoying the heck out of it and just finished a 15K trip around the US with zero issues.
This lift kit should work for you. I'd call and verify, though. https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/readylift-3-sst-lift-kit-69-2831/_/R-BKMQ-69-2831

lewis

Reaction score
Thx but description says 2018-21 models :/ Seems like nothing is out rn that works with 22-23 CCD/suspension - frustrating. I actually pulled over at a 4WD shop in TN when I saw a lifted Timberline and the guy inside said don't touch it. It's the owners and they haven't figures out how to make it work. He said the '22 SEMA rig doesn't have specs anywhere online (and no one to call) so they are very frustrated. Thx for the quick turn in any case.

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx but description says 2018-21 models :/ Seems like nothing is out rn that works with 22-23 CCD/suspension - frustrating. I actually pulled over at a 4WD shop in TN when I saw a lifted Timberline and the guy inside said don't touch it. It's the owners and they haven't figures out how to make it work. He said the '22 SEMA rig doesn't have specs anywhere online (and no one to call) so they are very frustrated. Thx for the quick turn in any case.
"Titles" of parts are wrong all the time - they get created when the part is first made and they don't update the title as subsequent model years come out. Look at the fitment section on that page and you will see it includes 22/23 models including the Timberline. Now it still might not fit, but it definitely says it does.

1695194458935.png

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The timberlime doesn't have ccd suspension just a factory life with coils, so the base lifts should work.

Last edited:

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We really liked the sequoia but I agree feels cheaper inside. Went with expedition. Much more premium feel. Also, the major issue with the sequoia is you cannot select 4 auto, only 4 high. I do feel Toyota is still a better brand in terms of reliability and resale is unmatched. I noticed tons of older sequoias on the road but few of the new sequoia. I also read many forums and many DIEHARD Toyota fans HATE the new 2023 sequoia. We did have a few upfront quality issues with our 2023 expedition, but once resolved it’s overall a great truck. Also, the hybrid engine adds zero value in terms of fuel economy and just another complicated component to break down.
27yrs
Of toyota suvs here been in my 19 platinum Expedition since new. Never going back to Toyota. The new Sequoia missed the mark on so many levels my 2007 Sequoia was a better SUV for people hauling than the current all new Sequoia. Add the absolutely corrupt dealers in my region no thanks.
All our Ford dealers are locally owned and compete for business as such they pay staff well, have competitive shop rates and aren’t playing the BS msrp markup games ALL our Toyota store fronts play (all owned by the same out of state auto group)

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The towing stability was a big concern for me. The rear seat folding was an annoyance.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The SEMA rig used custom fox coil overs and obviously changed the rear control arms and possibly some in the front. But its pretty secret. My Timberline has the same rear as yours but it has like a 1.5" front lift from factory by longer shock only.

If I were you I would figure out how to disable the CCD and get new front shocks or even factory Trimberline shocks to lift the front level. Then there are a TON of tire options. I have 305's and almost 35" tall and the fit awesome. I have been in snow, off road, no rubbing and it looks great. No need to do the lift route IMO.

Nitro_Alltrac

Reaction score
They still have a solid rear axle under them, so its like 1950's technology. Nice job Toyota. Thats also why the rear floor is so hi.
They went backwards. The Sequoia in prior models had independent rear suspension. They put the solid axle under the new model.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They went backwards. The Sequoia in prior models had independent rear suspension. They put the solid axle under the new model.

They got lazy a greedy and went to play the numbers game so the Tow Capacity is much higher than most SUVs. Apparently they have a 9500 tow capacity now. But such a high capacity is stupid on a 5600 lb vehicle. So instead of designing a new heavier duty rear to match they put some old solid axel in. Sounds like a executive decision to get more sales based on tow numbers.