New Timberline Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TheLastGentleman

Reaction score
Would you mind posting your thoughts and some pics of each row/coverage once you get them in? I’ve always done WTs in the past but was leaning Husky until I came across the newer HPs. Our Expedition‘s ETA is later this month and trying to make a decision on mats. I’ve already decided on the folding OEM mat for the cargo area.
I will, FedEx says they will deliver tomorrow.

rvmode

Reaction score
It would look better with some fatter tires, but I’m glad it’s on 18’s. The running board is my least favorite in appearance, might replace with something better looking.
Are you thinking a Tubular Running board painted Tangerine Orange?! Brake calipers powder coated Tangerine Orange to match?!

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is my first Ford, we bought this to upgrade from our 2016 Pilot Touring AWD. I still drive a 2010 Tundra. We wanted to get back to a proper 4x4 for Colorado trips and something larger since we have 3 older teens.

I have never really been impressed with the Expedition's 4x4 capabilities. My buddy has a Pilot and I actually think it's AWD is better than my Expedition. That said, I like my Expedition far more than the Pilot.

uncboysetsfire

Reaction score
My only gripe with my 2022 Timberline (and probably not specific to the Timberline as all trims have the same) are the reflector headlights. They are very underwhelming on brightness and coverage.

Does anyone know if there are simple bulb upgrades that can improve on the brightness? Wasn’t sure if the only way for a slightly brighter low beam would be an aftermarket projector headlight. Feels like it will lead to some eye strain on dark country roads unless you drive with the high beams on most the time.

Feel like ford really dropped the ball with these reflectors.

Anyone else agree or a brighter bulb recommendation?

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The manual states the headlights aren't serviceable. Most likely the LEDs are attached right to the circuit board. I assume the only way to upgrade would be by replacing the entire headlight housing assembly with something from the aftermarket, assuming someone makes them eventually.

Last edited:

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My only gripe with my 2022 Timberline (and probably not specific to the Timberline as all trims have the same) are the reflector headlights. They are very underwhelming on brightness and coverage.

Does anyone know if there are simple bulb upgrades that can improve on the brightness? Wasn’t sure if the only way for a slightly brighter low beam would be an aftermarket projector headlight. Feels like it will lead to some eye strain on dark country roads unless you drive with the high beams on most the time.

Feel like ford really dropped the ball with these reflectors.

Anyone else agree or a brighter bulb recommendation?

this is a big FAIL & one big reason why i’ll wait for the next update. hard to imagine making their flagship SUV refresh with what seems to be no significant improvement on the headlights (perhaps even a decrease in performance from how it’s sounding out of the gate from the few that have them.)

at least with the halogens we could pull the crappy stock projector bulbs & get acceptable light output using many different options.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is a big FAIL & one big reason why i’ll wait for the next update. hard to imagine making their flagship SUV refresh with what seems to be no significant improvement on the headlights (perhaps even a decrease in performance from how it’s sounding out of the gate from the few that have them.)

at least with the halogens we could pull the crappy stock projector bulbs & get acceptable light output using many different options.
Are the LED headlights different in the 22's from the past years (21, 20)? My 21's LED headlights are terrific.