Odometer is blank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwelli1001

Reaction score
I come here today to get information on why my Odometer was not working and what to do to fix it.
I found nothing. Disappointing. So remembering a wise person on Ford Truck Enthusiast about searching their site and followed their advise. I googled my problem! Found a very good YouTube video for my problem. So I am sharing it with you and any one else after me. https://youtu.be/hxGgqPNseTk

Last edited:

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I found nothing. Disappointing.

I just did a search "odometer fix" (search box top right of page) And pulled up 10 pages of results dating all the way back to 2009. took 8 seconds.
Don't be disappointed at your search skill too much.

here is the post from 2009

OP
OP
R

rwelli1001

Reaction score
My search skills are not well rounded on these forums. I knew there had to be something here. But kept coming up with irrelevant posts for my subject matter. Do you have a search 101 for students here on the site.
I looked at the 2009 post you had for your results. Its Like legislation from Congresses. What I was looking for was buried deep.
At least my post is more surgically pinpoint.
I think the author from the video on your post may have commented on the video I found. The light switch handle removal sounds familiar.

Just noticed you have Quotation marks showing around odometer fix
Are they relevant in my search's or did you just use them here?

My 2000 XLT Blue exterior and gray interior with 220,000 mile and I will be back again.
Thank you Yupster Dog

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just noticed you have Quotation marks showing around odometer fix
Are they relevant in my search's or did you just use them here?
Use it and find out. Put words in the search box, the quotations was for you.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is not very hard at all if you have basic soldering skills. Might be good time to replace any burned bulbs, though on my 2001 I found they were all good decades later.

Do be careful and remove the PRNDL indicator at the bottom of the display before yanking it from the dash.

I did have to later fix (glue) the PRNDL indicator cable at the column shifter as it failed , probably on its own. My first reaction was transmission failure as I was in neutral instead of reverse or drive.