Oil Level Gauge on 2019 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, proves my theory incorrect. It’s never taken mine 20 seconds, though the time does vary from immediate to maybe 10 seconds

I am going to pay attention a little more. Bottom line, mine is doing it, and I think all do, just the time interval might vary depending on several factors. Thus making me wrong, and @Squark dead on accurate!

Oklahoma Jim

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The first time I noticed it, I had the radio on and I didn't even notice when the ASS kicked in. I glanced at the oil pressure gauge and was shocked to see it on the low peg! It scared me for a few seconds until I realized what had happened.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright, so to really make things weird...mine did it last night. Didn't do it the day before, but did it last night. More than once.

Last night was a short drive, the day before was highway, then some stop and go, and it did not drop then. Hyper sensitive to it now.

@aggiegrad05 Curious what your does now on a short drive.

@Squark Look what you started...

I’d throw in my data point, but it’s 95 degrees here and I couldn’t get the ASS to kick in for love or money.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Excuse me, do the 2019s have a 'oil level' gauge? It's not a bad idea, something like fuel gauge or is the OP looking at his Ford fake 'oil pressure' gauge.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Excuse me, do the 2019s have a 'oil level' gauge? It's not a bad idea, something like fuel gauge or is the OP looking at his Ford fake 'oil pressure' gauge.

It is an oil pressure gauge. The data behind it is actual real PSI, the gauge is just flattened on what it displays.

Modern Fords do not have an oil level gauge, because once the motor is running an oil level gauge is useless, because it isn’t sitting in the pan anymore, it is running through the motor.

Oil pressure is used to determine oil being low. When it has no pressure when running it typically means the Motor is at least 2-3 quarts low, because the pickup can’t suck any new oil, because the level is low.

People really have gotten out of the habit of checking their oil level regularly. I do it every now and then, but not nearly as often as I did back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just checked on my 19' Limited with a build date of 8/2019. My oil gauge drops to nada when my ASS engages. :happy107: I had the latest code installed on the ECM/TCM modules as of 6/2020 in an attempt to cure a little bit of lurching my ASS was causing :happy107:when it disengaged at a stop due to A/C or other reasons. I cannot remember if the oil gauge went to 0 before that.

KJ-Idaho

Reaction score
Well, since I put in my 5Star/NGauge tunes, the AS/S never engages.

so, I don’t even miss the oil pressure gauge dropping. Darn. Lol!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205