Oil maintenance question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The debates that will always be ... up for grabs:
- Ginger or Maryanne
- Packers or Cowboys
- SkiDoo or Polaris
- Sausage or Pepperoni
- Regular or Premium
- Chevy or Ford
- Bud Light or Coors Light
- Sunday River or Sugarloaf
- New York or LA
- Conventional or Synthetic
- Oil Change interval

Come on P, There was really no debate on a couple....we all knew Maryann lived to rock our world where Ginger would demand we rock hers....so what flavor do you like? And sorry but even after trying out for another team, is there really any team that more American than then citizen owned Packers? Too bad I stopped watching all of it a couple years back based on their decisions.....just another thing ruined by .......

Okay, I was just bored this morning....no offense to the OP....

jeff

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dealer is telling you 3,000 because they want your dollars. Even my 2001 Oldsmobile says 5,000 is fine, the computer usually ends up telling me to do it around 6,500 though.

I was surprised to see that our 2001 Accord says 7500 or 12 months in the manual, and that's from 2001!

I use M1 or Motorcraft 5W-20 at around 5000 miles.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I saw the newer F150's, has a adjustable oil life setting. You can set it for shorter intervals, for different driving conditions. If you trade a car in every 3 years do it by the monitor. If you keep it, out of warranty do it sooner.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 3rd-gen has it. When you reset the oil life it lets you set it in 10% increments anywhere between 100-50%.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't plan to sell our vehicles and maintain with OEM parts where ever I can. 3,000 mile oil changes no one can talk me out of that. I have torn down a few engines and seen the results ... I will never buy a used vehicle from any of you guys LOL. My '06 was a fleet vehicle assigned to one officer when I bought it with 130K and 4 years old, I was told it was maintained properly...it wasn't. I put about a 100K on it and got rid of it. Always had engine oil related issues due to long change intervals or improper viscosity.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69