Order 24 Base model Limited or Go for XLT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sldwys

Reaction score
We are ordering a new expedition after our 23 crapped out.

Would you order a 24 Limited, without any higher equipment groups (so 12 inch screen, stationary running boards) or would you just go with xlt.

We want these options below:

Max tow
Elsd
Sunroof
360 camera
Captain chairs
auto fold mirrors

Thoughts?

OP
OP
S

sldwys

Reaction score
I wouldnt want another Ford if my new 23 crapped out. What happened to the 23?
Gateau module went out at 8k miles. Was in the shop over a month. Expedition is only full size suv that has latch system in 3rd row.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you thought about a mid sized crossover like a telluride or cx90? I can't remember which had latch.

Also, I'd grab a Limited over xlt because of the better interior materials and better sound system.

BiggieBlue

Reaction score
Go with the Limited. We considered a GMC Yukon XL and Suburban but nothing felt as superior as the Expy Max. The safety features, the thoughtful interior, the 15” screen is way way more intuitive and sleek than we ever thought it would be. We are so happy with our 24 Limited

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you're interested in the assisted driving feature, test drive a Platinum. I'm currently driving a rental '22 Limited (my '22 Platinum is in body shop for scraped-up front bumper), and the lane-keeping assist tech on the Limited is not the same as the BluecCruise on the Platinum. While on the 66 fwy where the toll lanes on the left are separated from the normal lanes by a row of closely spaced white plastic posts: while driving in the leftmost normal lane with the posts on the left, the BlueCruise (both hands-free mode and hands-on-wheel mode) has zero problems and stays nicely centered in that lane. The Limited with lane-keeping assist goes berserk as if it can't distinguish the lane, and keeps on suddenly yanking the truck halfway into the next lane—after a few tries I had to keep lane-keeping assist off or it would slam into cars in the next lane. Otherwise, most of the time the Limited's lane-keeping assist works ok, but seems to disengage far more frequently than the BlueCruise.