Power Difference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm in Northern Wisconsin and I can't find 93 anywhere. I only see 91 as premium almost everywhere.
I only buy premium and I'd be tickled to find 93 anywhere now.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We can get 87, 89, 91 and 94 here. But I find 94 usually at Petro-Canada. Not sure if its offered at other major retailers.

KenK

Reaction score
Deadman - expand more on comparison between the XLT and Navi.
What behaviors and features you like or don't like on each.
Obviously the Navi is way more luxurious but at a price.

Big_Mac

Reaction score
There is also a significant difference between the exhaust systems on the Expedition and the Navigator. The expedition has a single exhaust with a traditional muffler. While the Navigator has a dual exhaust with valves in the muffler to significantly reduce backpressure during high flow situations.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Deadman - expand more on comparison between the XLT and Navi.
What behaviors and features you like or don't like on each.
Obviously the Navi is way more luxurious but at a price.

I have a limited 302A, so my Expedition is almost a Platinum.

I prefer the Expeditions simplicity, and I hate the computer thing that's thrown on the dash in the Lincoln. The Navi has seriously more grunt and pull, but it down shifts all the time and I hate that. My expo stays in 10th all the time on the highway.
The navi is loud as hell, its annoying. It literally wakes everyone when my wife starts it in the garage. Its got dual exhaust and must have a free flowing muffler, because it absolutely roars. I can be sitting in my kitchen with all the windows shut and my wife can slowly pull out of driveway and I can hear it shifting gears just by the exhaust racket. pretty stupid for a luxury vehicle.
I'M partial to my expo, because I HATE electronics and stuff and that Navi is full of that trash. Its a great vehicle, but I'm just not into the technology crap, but my wife is and she loves it, so its perfect.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a limited 302A, so my Expedition is almost a Platinum.

I prefer the Expeditions simplicity, and I hate the computer thing that's thrown on the dash in the Lincoln. The Navi has seriously more grunt and pull, but it down shifts all the time and I hate that. My expo stays in 10th all the time on the highway.
The navi is loud as hell, its annoying. It literally wakes everyone when my wife starts it in the garage. Its got dual exhaust and must have a free flowing muffler, because it absolutely roars. I can be sitting in my kitchen with all the windows shut and my wife can slowly pull out of driveway and I can hear it shifting gears just by the exhaust racket. pretty stupid for a luxury vehicle.
I'M partial to my expo, because I HATE electronics and stuff and that Navi is full of that trash. Its a great vehicle, but I'm just not into the technology crap, but my wife is and she loves it, so its perfect.

Wonder if the Navi exhaust is an easy like-for-like swap out. If the mounts are already installed and if the Expy has anything installed in the way of where the Navi exhaust would mount.

Any chance you can look under each and tell if there are major configuration differences from where each exhaust mounts?

Asking for a friend... LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wonder if the Navi exhaust is an easy like-for-like swap out. If the mounts are already installed and if the Expy has anything installed in the way of where the Navi exhaust would mount.

Any chance you can look under each and tell if there are major configuration differences from where each exhaust mounts?

They are nothing alike. The navigator has full dual set up into a single muffler. You would need a bunch of parts and they would be spendy from Ford.

lam396

Reaction score
I was in a navi rental for 2 months over the summer and I was excited to test out the higher hp compared to my stock xlt. My xlt has the 3.71 rear end and the navi i assume had the 3.31. I was actually a bit underwhelmed with the navi and I'm attributing that to the gear ratio. Would love to feel the 450 with a decent gear set!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was in a navi rental for 2 months over the summer and I was excited to test out the higher hp compared to my stock xlt. My xlt has the 3.71 rear end and the navi i assume had the 3.31. I was actually a bit underwhelmed with the navi and I'm attributing that to the gear ratio. Would love to feel the 450 with a decent gear set!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Navigator all got 3.73. Its not a violent power. Mine surprises me because its so smooth and all of a sudden the speedometer is doing speeds my Expedition couldn't dream of in that distance.
If I floor this navigator L at like 15-20 mph it lifts the nose way up on the air from the torque, my expedition does not do that. I'm not saying its a race car, but mine is nasty powerful compared to my Expedition. At first I didn't notice it, but the more I passed cars at 50-60 mph, it was just like Wow! It likes more rpm, so when you really get on it is when it shines!

Big_Mac

Reaction score

The exhaust hangers are the same parts in the same locations between the Expy and the Navi. So, it is doable, but your friend would have to replace everything behind the manifolds (including the cats).