Prerunner / Chase Expedition in the making

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
email sent... so many questions hahaha. i asked this in email but someone on here might want to know so ill aske here too... can you put a 04-08 front bumper under that clip, i mean ya you can make mounts i guess but would it interfere with the way the clip comes off or anything
you took the words right from my keyboard...was wondering the same thing..

SourMashII

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was impessed enough I made it my wallpaper..

Wife (her expedition) gave it a "WTF is that?" comment..

Gurlzzz....:ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

Sweet. Sweet Sweet.

It just needs a ZF now.. ROFL.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you by any chance just have your expo down at mcneils recently?? cause my buddy just dropped off his f1 down there to get a prototype front clip installed and he was saying how he saw a white expedition with 04 f150 lights on it and a raptor looking grill. said it looked really big. haha i want a one piece and those rear panels eventually. and for your front end. what sort of $$ do you have. if $$ isnt an issue go with h&m. if its a little tight go with the DBR kit. im going to go with the DBR kit since it includes everything, but you use stock spindles... weird i know. as for rear we can talk later.

OP
OP
R

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, it was just there. I picked it up last Saturday in Chula Vista. They put the Raptor front end on but it was just too big. They sent me a couple of pics and we agreed to take it off and go with the original plan. They did however put the newer grill on.
raptor2.jpg
raptor1.jpg

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
he hunter mt buddy and i where talking and we decided that if i do the front clip we will add a couple layers of fiberglass to the backside to make it a little thicker and if you want to blend in the back in like we talked about i have another friend that owns a body shop and he does really good fiberglass work. he can easily fix the little accidents the grille has haha but no i really love that front clip just undecided on the back for my truck

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
o and for anyone who wants to know yes it would be fairly easy to fabricate front bumper mounts so you can put a newer front bumper on it also. it looks fairly easy. you really have me wanting that 4in lift also those tires look perfect under her. plus it looked like a soft ride pullin into the driveway

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
haha thats funny. i want that clip. as for the rear i bet they can do something to make it more "raptorish". looks good either way. it only looks way too big cause you dont have an LT kit on it. i bet if you had the h&m or DBR kit it would look wayyy better! either way nice looking expo. and yes my buddy did see yours down there. i just asked him. haha

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that is just all kinds of cool....what are you doing to the interior? Is it getting the full offroad decontented look? Pics?

OP
OP
R

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
he hunter mt buddy and i where talking and we decided that if i do the front clip we will add a couple layers of fiberglass to the backside to make it a little thicker and if you want to blend in the back in like we talked about i have another friend that owns a body shop and he does really good fiberglass work. he can easily fix the little accidents the grille has haha but no i really love that front clip just undecided on the back for my truck

Yeah, I think adding more fiberglass to the hood is a good idea. Like I said they were meant to be torn off in the desert. The life span of fiberglass on a desert truck is very short. I might want the grill beefed up with some added glass applied to the backside. I'll keep you posted.

haha thats funny. i want that clip. as for the rear i bet they can do something to make it more "raptorish". looks good either way. it only looks way too big cause you dont have an LT kit on it. i bet if you had the h&m or DBR kit it would look wayyy better! either way nice looking expo. and yes my buddy did see yours down there. i just asked him. haha

I would like to put the H&M kit on. But the DBR is nice as well. Hopefully I have a good next couple of months and the $ comes in so it can be done soon. I might have the front bumper built this weekend. Depends on the fabricator. He's calling me tonight to let me know if he's available. I'm either going to leave it "raw" or powdercoat it grey.