Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’m having some new rear sway links overnighted from Rock Auto.

So I guess with all of Hellwigs screw ups to me, they decided to send me an extra rear.. so anyone looking for one, I got one that will go for sale.

PSA, don’t buy the front sway bar kit. It hits the damn oil cooler.. [emoji2357].

Will be trying to send that back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just reading the whole thread—thanks for everybody’s contribution!—and getting ready to order a rear sway bar for mine and HOPE Hellwig got it to me without delay, then I saw your note that you’ve got an extra one to sell. I’m happy to take it off your hands. How much do you want for it?

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PM me.. I would be happy to sell it you.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hellwig will take weeks...... They make them as they are ordered I guess.

Reaction score
I drove the Blue Ridge Parkway early this year and the Elvis pelvis sway at the rear end nearly made everybody sick. I got home to Florida, installed the Hellwig sway bar on my 2018 Max Platinum and a set of Sumos in the rear coils. On this trip back to NC, I drove the Parkway again, it was a whole new vehicle--felt tight and planted, without losing any comfort. Plus it makes for a much more pleasant towing experience for my boat and trailers. So much better than the factory ride and for a very minimal investment of money and time! (Hat tip to TBaganATX, thanks!)

LGE_CTS_motors

Reaction score
A little late to the party for us to chime in. But, we've been recommending and installing the Hellwig sway bars on the Expeditions. Nothing but positive feedback as far as handling goes even paired with the ICON suspension system or the ready lift leveling kit. Our customers have been nothing but happy with the massive improvement in handling. Some say it makes it feel like its a smaller more nimble vehicle....

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drove the Blue Ridge Parkway early this year and the Elvis pelvis sway at the rear end nearly made everybody sick. I got home to Florida, installed the Hellwig sway bar on my 2018 Max Platinum and a set of Sumos in the rear coils. On this trip back to NC, I drove the Parkway again, it was a whole new vehicle--felt tight and planted, without losing any comfort. Plus it makes for a much more pleasant towing experience for my boat and trailers. So much better than the factory ride and for a very minimal investment of money and time! (Hat tip to TBaganATX, thanks!)

Glad it worked out for ya!

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A little late to the party for us to chime in. But, we've been recommending and installing the Hellwig sway bars on the Expeditions. Nothing but positive feedback as far as handling goes even paired with the ICON suspension system or the ready lift leveling kit. Our customers have been nothing but happy with the massive improvement in handling. Some say it makes it feel like its a smaller more nimble vehicle....

It literally took the slow whiplash we received from side to side on every dip in the road. It was crazy. My wife thought there was something wrong with it. lol

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I just got back from an 1100+ mile tow with my boat (7200 lbs) and I can honestly say that the sway bar made a HUGE difference at I-95 highway speeds. It was night and day from the trip last year when the rear was wagging every time I passed a rig. It's now planted and far more stable at speed.

Just throwing that out there for anyone else that tows a lot.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I just got back from an 1100+ mile tow with my boat (7200 lbs) and I can honestly say that the sway bar made a HUGE difference at I-95 highway speeds. It was night and day from the trip last year when the rear was wagging every time I passed a rig. It's now planted and far more stable at speed.

Just throwing that out there for anyone else that tows a lot.

Ya, stock these things sway more than Granny's old Buick! I'm baffled that more don't object to its characteristic.

I ordered a front sway bar, that should be here soon, so hopefully that helps even more.