Recall Notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kudie

Reaction score
Toyota camry. At first ford said rental had to be a ford then said anything becaus rental didn’t have any fords available. I told them give me anything and they said I could exchange for something else when becomes available.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just read that Ford has the most vehicles recalled this year out of any auto mfg. Their quality has gone down hill for sure. It's not what it used to be.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just read that Ford has the most vehicles recalled this year out of any auto mfg. Their quality has gone down hill for sure. It's not what it used to be.

Ford has issued more than 30 safety recalls so far this year, involving more than five million vehicles.

CEO Jim Farley has stated publicly the he will try to reduce company costs, including the massive amount of money spent on warranty repair costs.

I wonder what Ford’s total cost will be this year and next, to repair the millions of vehicles recalled under these safety recalls? Not just the parts and labor costs, but the legal costs, administrative costs, time lost to working on the recalls (instead of productive work), ill will to customers, loss of customers, etc.?

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford has issued more than 30 safety recalls so far this year, involving more than five million vehicles.

CEO Jim Farley has stated publicly the he will try to reduce company costs, including the massive amount of money spent on warranty repair costs.

I wonder what Ford’s total cost will be this year and next, to repair the millions of vehicles recalled under these safety recalls? Not just the parts and labor costs, but the legal costs, administrative costs, time lost to working on the recalls (instead of productive work), ill will to customers, loss of customers, etc.?

Jim Farley is part of the problem.

OP
OP
F

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score

We have a company that makes our vehicles, that catch on fire, the windshield wipers fall off and God forbid you get a flat tire, you will play hell getting the distorted lug nuts off. They are laughing their ass's off in the boardroom cause we have those who pay MSRP, an unheard of thing 2 years ago! Now some are paying 10-25 percent over MSRP! They will be in no hurry to correct the defects, why should they? The dealerships are happy.

bjohnson425

Reaction score
With an open recall, doesn't that cause problems trying to trade in the vehicle or sell it if the recall fix hasn't been applied to the vehicle? Somewhere in the back of my mind I'm thinking people had difficulties trading in or selling their vehicles with the airbag recall if they didn't get the recall work done prior to the trade-in/sale. My memory isn't what it used to be so I could be mistaken.

Yes we tried to trade ours in on a Lexus GX 460 a week after we got the recall notice . Their initial trade in offer was $58,450. Once they ran the vin and it popped up they didn’t want anything to do with it.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I am pretty disappointed in Ford to say the least. How can a company mess up each and every product they offer (seriously, no exceptions)???!!!

The Bronco was the hottest new car anticipated in the last decade. They now have engines dropping valves within weeks of ownership, tie rods that snap with the lightest off-road loads (wth,, it is an off-road vehicle!!!), blown shocks, roof issues,……

The gen II 3.5 ecoboost used in millions of their vehicles, cam phaser issues is big mess, causing headache to both owners and dealerships. And it took them 5 years to correct this issue, but it is not over.. now there is fire risk!!!

Then their small 1.5L engine has coolant intrusion due to bad machining of block surface! How can this happen with over 100 years of experience in building cars.

This company needs serious help, but all they are good in doing is blaming vendors and delaying repairs until owners are out of warranty.

No more fords for me… I am done!

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I too will think long and hard whether to get another Ford. This fire recall has been handled incredibly bad.

Kudie

Reaction score
Has anybody heard any updates of anything on this fire recall?
Got my rental from dealer and haven’t heard a word.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anybody heard any updates of anything on this fire recall?
Got my rental from dealer and haven’t heard a word.

No, Ford has not released anything new regarding the fire recall. I spoke to the service manager at my dealer and he didn't even hear about allowing rentals either. I blame Ford for this entire debacle.