SCT tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry about that Gentlemen. Thank you for correcting my errors. Bad form on my part. What I get for multitasking failure. Wont happen again.

All good! What were you trying to tell us with the post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was actually trying to email a buddy with a 20 Platinum, the 7 days for 5 Star to send the custom tune. As you saw, I made a ***** show out of that here, and my buddy emailed me that my email was blank.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was actually trying to email a buddy with a 20 Platinum, the 7 days for 5 Star to send the custom tune. As you saw, I made a ***** show out of that here, and my buddy emailed me that my email was blank.

[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787] Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey @LokiWolf - I must say, I finally broke down and did a 5Star tune, and man is it nice. Even though I realize the adaptive learning cycle still has to do its thing, the car is amazing. So many things have changed, substantially software shifts during moderate to aggressive acceleration, actually better exhaust sound during acceleration, lots of things. I did notice that the daily street/tow setting seems to have disabled Auto Start/Stop, which I'm sure many would like, I'm not sure on it yet. I didn't mind using the button when I didn't want A-S-S, and frankly, I spend a lot of time at stop lights. I may ask 5Star for a daily street/tow without that disabled.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with it so far. Backed up my original tune as well, just in case, but so far I'm pretty happy.

Team_Z

Reaction score
Are y’all able to change the tire size with your tuners? Mine SCT tuner is not changing it and SCT tech support is difficult to get a hold of. Wondering if anyone else had this issue. Other than that the canned tunes are not bad. Haven’t installed my custom 5Star stuff since I have developed a turbo flutter and just put it back to stock.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are y’all able to change the tire size with your tuners? Mine SCT tuner is not changing it and SCT tech support is difficult to get a hold of. Wondering if anyone else had this issue. Other than that the canned tunes are not bad. Haven’t installed my custom 5Star stuff since I have developed a turbo flutter and just put it back to stock.
Yes, I can. That was one of my wants, even though I doubt I will need it like my last rig.

Mlarv

Reaction score
Hey @LokiWolf - I must say, I finally broke down and did a 5Star tune, and man is it nice. Even though I realize the adaptive learning cycle still has to do its thing, the car is amazing. So many things have changed, substantially software shifts during moderate to aggressive acceleration, actually better exhaust sound during acceleration, lots of things. I did notice that the daily street/tow setting seems to have disabled Auto Start/Stop, which I'm sure many would like, I'm not sure on it yet. I didn't mind using the button when I didn't want A-S-S, and frankly, I spend a lot of time at stop lights. I may ask 5Star for a daily street/tow without that disabled.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with it so far. Backed up my original tune as well, just in case, but so far I'm pretty happy.

There is a setting on the SCTx4 that will enable or disable auto start stop. The default is disable. If you didn't change it when you did the tune then you disabled it by default. You can retune it and enable the A.S.S if you want. That is if you have the X4. If not then I am not sure

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I looked around and it doesn't look like it's possible on the bdx. It's in the 5star tunes.