Steering hose popping off flange...........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IndyExpo

Reaction score
Hi again....you all were so helpful for my stuttering transmission, I thought I'd throw this one at the forum wall.

We moved from California to Indianapolis last year. Our first sub 0 degree winter days and the steering hose just under the shroud is continuously coming off the flange upon start up and spewing fluid. After a few reconnects, I've put roughly four quarts of fluid through the system. I'm thinking it's either old fluid that accumulated moisture and that moisture was freezing causing a blockage or .........something else.

Has anyone had this issue and found a fix?

Chris

steering.jpg

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Hi again....you all were so helpful for my stuttering transmission, I thought I'd throw this one at the forum wall.

We moved from California to Indianapolis last year. Our first sub 0 degree winter days and the steering hose just under the shroud is continuously coming off the flange upon start up and spewing fluid. After a few reconnects, I've put roughly four quarts of fluid through the system. I'm thinking it's either old fluid that accumulated moisture and that moisture was freezing causing a blockage or .........something else.

Has anyone had this issue and found a fix?

Chris

View attachment 232

I would try cutting the hose back and inch and clean up the fitting before sliding the hose back over. Could be that the hose is slightly stretched or maybe the clamp isn't holding as it should. I live in the northeast and we see some cold temps and I've never had that happen so I doubt freezing is your issue