Suggestions for lowering a 4wd 2007 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icrashcars

Reaction score
Ive searched extensively and I have not found a definitive solution.

I have a 4wd 2007, non-air ride.

I am looking for a complete lowering package (struts, springs, and any other hardware required). something in the 3-4" range that will also level out the front/ rear heights. Something of the highest quality.

I own several lowered cars (audi, vw, mercedes, and even a volvo wagon).

I have always used adjustable coilovers on my cars, but have not seen anything like that for these trucks.

Any information you can provide would be most helpful.

OP
OP
I

icrashcars

Reaction score
Looks like the ground control 2wd solution also works for the 4wd model. Waiting on a confirmation from manufacturer.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
u wont find anything that low...the best I found for my 2wd is 2" and that was with belltech...eibach was 1.2"-1.4" drop...for some reason...expeditions are in demand for drops...im going to bag mine on 30s

OP
OP
I

icrashcars

Reaction score
Bagging is always an option...

...but I need the reliability of springs/ shocks. I use it for towing my travel trailer and also cars to the track.

My other cars drag on the ground, just want this one to sit a little lower.

Most likely I am going to settle for 2".

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
u will have to go custom all the way cuz there isn't anything like that for expeditions...no drop more than 2"...u can always bag it and will be the best bet...no drop spindles...no springs...no shackles...NOTHING for more than 2" and be ready to spend $600-$800 for the kit u do get

carlos08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious why you want to lower your 4wd Expy. It will just defeat the purpose the vehicle was made for.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4wd is to have all wheels moving...my understanding...but he may not be in situations where he needs that option...if mine was 4wd it wouldn't have seen any off-road or conditions...I still pull a u-haul trailer and mine is dropped on 26s...

Mr. 10K