The Waze update is out, who is using it instead of the native navigation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Used it on my commute this morning - no issues. I didn't figure out how to add an alert which is one of the best things about Waze, but this website has the overview I needed: http://www.carplaylife.com/feature/...ow-available-for-all-here-is-our-walkthrough/
I do prefer Waze over Apple Maps, although I am not as rabid about it as others. It's quite a bit easier to set destinations, and allows for multiple stops along a single route.
Thanks for posting that walkthrough, very helpful. I haven’t used Waze since the car play addition but I do have a king trip coming up that I’ll probably use it for either as an additional map on the phone for the alerts or through car play, I haven’t decided yet.

dhal22

Reaction score
Dang it, trying to figure out how to start Waze app on my nav screen. Anyone free to point me in the right direction? Tia

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Woo it is a process.

Phone has to be plugged in, CarPlay has to be turned off in the Sync menu, phone must be unlocked and waze must be on the phone screen.

Go to Apps on your center stack screen and select Waze. MOST of the time it will work. But you have to leave your phone on.

Why wouldn't you just use CarPlay which allows you to use Waze directly? I mean, you do you, I'm just being nosy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65