This will likely be my last ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have issues at work for backordered parts from/for pretty much everything and everyone. Especially anything electronic/electrical related. We have one dealer that is buying up washing machines to take a chip in them to use in their product, so, people are buying a washing machine without knowing it but they don't get the washing machine. I agree that supply issues shouldn't still be a problem but fact is they still are a major problem in some aspects.

Anyway, nobody loves problems but I know people that have had MAJOR problems with the GM and Toyota options.

Almur

Reaction score
Still waiting for my recall parts to come in since early 2022

Robert Herrera

Reaction score
So sad to read that they continue to take their customers for granted. Owned 3 Expeditions and currently getting ready to sell my Gen 3 Navigator. Will not be replacing it with a Ford product. They wash their hands of issues (like bubbling paint and rust on the tailgate of a then 5 year old truck). Install same defective coils and torque converters year after year and expect loyalty. I've never owned a Chevy or a Toyota but will likely be going that direction once I find a reasonable price/condition used one. At least they are both built in US.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Our government just handed Ford a $9.8 billion no-interest forgivable "loan" to produce electric cars that no one wants. Ford has dropped everything - parts, customers included - to get on board with this money-grab.

Does anyone really think their shock absorber or your business means a thing to Ford right now?

This is how our government has destroyed American industry in the name of international equity.

pfflyer

Reaction score
Our government just handed Ford a $9.8 billion no-interest forgivable "loan" to produce electric cars that no one wants. Ford has dropped everything - parts, customers included - to get on board with this money-grab.

Does anyone really think their shock absorber or your business means a thing to Ford right now?

This is how our government has destroyed American industry in the name of international equity.
Amen. It is not just Ford taking government money sadly. It was decided that GM was too big to fail. Others are on the dole as well.

Several makers have put in parts that they knew were bad or wouldn't hold up in real world conditions and have done it for years after they knew. I personally know firsthand about GM ignition switch fiasco and with the Ford Dual clutch transmission. Imports have issues as well, but I can't think of an example when they continued to use parts several years after they knew it was a bad design.

John Lappe

Reaction score
In September 2023, I have an appointment to replace the front HVAC blower motor under a potential fire safety recall.

The recall was issued in August 2022 - it took (if the part arrives at the dealer) more than a year for Ford to provide the part to the dealer.
I called to schedule the recall and was informed that they are only approved for vehicles that have symptoms of failure, my local dealer only received 1 motor.

Bob Lewis

Reaction score
We have issues at work for backordered parts from/for pretty much everything and everyone. Especially anything electronic/electrical related. We have one dealer that is buying up washing machines to take a chip in them to use in their product, so, people are buying a washing machine without knowing it but they don't get the washing machine. I agree that supply issues shouldn't still be a problem but fact is they still are a major problem in some aspects.

Anyway, nobody loves problems but I know people that have had MAJOR problems with the GM and Toyota options.
That’s what is going on with everything. Manufacturers have complexified products to the extent that the items are not repairable. Access for repairs is almost nonexistent, the parts prices are sky high ($100.00 for a headlight bulb on a NAVIGATOR!)….It’s to the point where one buys an item and prays that it will keep working properly.

OP
OP
G

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep it's easy to say make them fix it, have you ever dealt with Ford or their stealerships? They only put the same junk shocks back on .
I should have sued them over much of this. But my PTSD is pretty much in check and one less confrontation seems the wise choice.
Extended warranty? I paid enough for this car and if they can't fix it under warranty what good is the extended one? I don't care about normal stuff wearing out but I've never needed to replace an evaporator in any car, much less 2. The truth is I still love this vehicle, I'm comfortable in it and enjoy driving it. So I guess I will continue to pay and pray.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After 4 years with my '19 Expedition Platinum Max, I sold it for an Escalade Sport Platinum.

Both products have issues. The ownership experience comes down to the local stores. If I lived in Houston or Dallas, I would love both products.

Where I'm at in Jackson, MS the experience is subpar.

I'm probably going to try Lincoln next, but my expectations keep dropping....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65