This will likely be my last ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike5555

Reaction score
I get my Expedition serviced at a Ford dealer that also services fleet vehicles. When I visit this dealership their storage lot is filled with Ford police Explorers from different Departments that are just sitting there waiting for parts. Very sad situation.

OP
OP
G

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After 4 years with my '19 Expedition Platinum Max, I sold it for an Escalade Sport Platinum.

Both products have issues. The ownership experience comes down to the local stores. If I lived in Houston or Dallas, I would love both products.

Where I'm at in Jackson, MS the experience is subpar.

I'm probably going to try Lincoln next, but my expectations keep dropping....
Hate to tell you but Lincoln has the same parts and come from the same factory.
It's a shame the uaw doesn't strike over the quality of the products they make. That would wake things up.

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The UAW has no concern for quality. They teach their members that the manufacturer is screwing them on a daily basis. I know a UAW worker that has a daily contest with other workers to see how many intentional screw-ups they can sneak past quality control each day. Since the quality control guy is also union, the number is quite large.

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is so sad. I have a 2018 that is 1 week away from being a 2019. Glad I have a metal oil pan!! I see all these issues and shake my head. Most lemon laws have a “time” clause so one down for six months would get you a new one or a refund. We have had the front shocks replaced for leaking, The main controller for the HVAC system that went wacky, and the rear seat captains chairs seat covers came off twice. We consider ourselves very fortunate, as this has been one of the best vehicles we have ever owned. Just starting to hear a little rattle at start up, but not serious enough to address yet. Fortunately we bought the extended warranty, but we are just under 30k miles. Ford not fixing a waste gate rattle while under warranty makes no sense to me. If a new one doesn’t make the noise, it is not “normal”.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The UAW has no concern for quality. They teach their members that the manufacturer is screwing them on a daily basis. I know a UAW worker that has a daily contest with other workers to see how many intentional screw-ups they can sneak past quality control each day. Since the quality control guy is also union, the number is quite large.

It is my personal belief that the UAW intentionally agitates and tries to upset their unionized workers. They have no concern for quality manufacturing - constantly complaining and blaming management and the suppliers (that aren’t unionized).

Their current UAW President is a rude, disrespectful and profane agitator - who preaches that that Ford, GM and Stellantis are evil (although they provide the UAW members with good jobs, salary and benefits to support themselves and their family).

Here is some good reading: https://www.justice.gov/usao-edmi/p...nited-auto-workers-union-reform-union-and-end

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Our government
Are you determined to start a political feud back up in here? You are just bound an determined to make me work for this green banner aren't you?
We are from all sides in here an yet we can still help each other and have conversations. But all that goes away with just one well placed political post. Is that what you want @Trainmaster? I thought you liked this forum.

NO Political post in the open Forums here. This is NOT censorship this is a necessity in todays political climate. Me (and many others on here) do not want to read page after page of political rhetoric just to get to the info we were looking for. Since I have come on as Moderator we did a political clean and this forum is now very useably pleasant FOR EVERONE and as long as I am here it will stay that way.
Take political content to a political forum.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel as though the quality of service varies substantially by dealer, but is frequently poor. Unfortunately, with my luck most of the ones I've dealt with have been subpar. My wife's I-Pace that she drove for one day is at the local Jaguar for a charging port replacement. CarMax broke it while charging just before delivery. We're on week three now...no updates. They had it for a week before even examining it even though I told them what the most likely cause of the issue was. The dealership model is broken. No one seems to understand how to provide quality customer service. The manufacturers don't seem to care because they make they're money when the car gets delivered and on parts, not repairs. The dealerships are going to get crushed by EV sales. We put 50,000 miles on my Electric Focus without a repair. My Expedition was at the shop for weeks when it needed a head gasket. Same issue as Jaguar, no communication. Then they tried to return it to me with a big fat check engine light on.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel as though the quality of service varies substantially by dealer, but is frequently poor. Unfortunately, with my luck most of the ones I've dealt with have been subpar. My wife's I-Pace that she drove for one day is at the local Jaguar for a charging port replacement. CarMax broke it while charging just before delivery. We're on week three now...no updates. They had it for a week before even examining it even though I told them what the most likely cause of the issue was. The dealership model is broken. No one seems to understand how to provide quality customer service. The manufacturers don't seem to care because they make they're money when the car gets delivered and on parts, not repairs. The dealerships are going to get crushed by EV sales. We put 50,000 miles on my Electric Focus without a repair. My Expedition was at the shop for weeks when it needed a head gasket. Same issue as Jaguar, no communication. Then they tried to return it to me with a big fat check engine light on.

A general observation - many dealer technicians do not have the ability to troubleshoot a problem or issue.

If there are no codes (with instructions on a computer on what to replace) - they are stumped.

I have owned vehicles, and purchased many new vehicles, for over 50 years. As a generalization, the quality of dealer service is the worst I have ever seen - and the lack of dealer repair and recall parts is unprecedented.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
An example of the cluelessness of vehicle manufacturing management is the statement from GM that they will be removing AndroidAuto and CarPlay from their vehicles because they feel they can ‘do it better’.