Timberline delivered last night, potential issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure where you are at with this. But contacting Ford for these issues seems more of a hassle. The Dealer Prep (did they charge you for it) covers inspection of the vehicle. At this point I would file a warranty claim for the headlights and get the dealer to fix. The speaker grill is like that in most so leave it. The seats you can use leather care are try to massage out the creases. Maybe they are from storage, etc. You can try to do the right thing and kill yourself in headaches or just get the stuff fixed by the dealer and move on. To me those are pretty minor and something you can get done without Ford Corporate.

VBreithaupt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with what everyone has commented. Could the creases be from them being in the down position? Is the hard shift possible on first cold start up when the rpm are still up and haven't settle down to warm rpm normally around 700. Mine will idle closer to 1000 and if I'm in a hurry and just go. It will do what you say. This only occurs on cold starts. Rest of it seems like fitment issues. Get them done while its under warranty.

Pancho258

Reaction score
I feel fortunate as I’ve not seen the fit and finish issues that have been posted. I’m not without issues. Do have the same warped speaker cover on the dash. The only major issue I’ve encountered is the plastic piece inside the drivers side door that channels the air from the dash to defrost the side glass was missing when delivered.

Twice in random occasions my 15” screen went completely dark and rebooted. I’m sure this will be a reoccurring event and I’m hoping they find a fix.

OP
OP
R

rbelltx

Reaction score
My screen rebooted twice yesterday. So strange.

Glad to hear others have the same speaker design and it’s not just mine is warped.

homeuser9

Reaction score
Any issues with rough shifting in 3rd gear? I've got the 2022 304A with 6,000 miles and noticing rough shifting in to and out of 3rd at low steady speeds.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any issues with rough shifting in 3rd gear? I've got the 2022 304A with 6,000 miles and noticing rough shifting in to and out of 3rd at low steady speeds.
id encourage you to create your own post instead of asking on 3 separate posts.
No rough shifting.
Keep in mind the transmission learns your driving habits. If you normally drive smooth and consistent, and then one day punch it. It will confuse the transmission for a second and that will cause a more aggressive reaction.
Fuel is another thing. If you always fill up at the same station. Maybe try a different one. Sometimes gas gets tainted.

OP
OP
R

rbelltx

Reaction score
Any update on more defects or warranty repairs?
Funny you should ask as I just heard from the service guy. The whole driver headlight assembly is bad, not the wiring, just the whole headlight. They’re on back order so they’re ordering one and getting me the vehicle to drive. They did not find any evidence of “outside influence,” meaning it looks like it was never damaged and then repaired.

They also checked the transmission and it was fine but they did some sort of update on it.

Hopefully the headlight kit comes soon. I’ll check the fit of that front bumper piece and see if anything has changed, since they had to remove the entire front end to get to the light and wiring.