What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
BAM! Sarcasm replied to with more sarcasm hahaha

But in all seriousness that's a "short Ram intake" aka hot air intake, cold air intakes set the filter inside the fender well to suck in ambient temperature air not one heated by the engine.... Just stating the obvious.
I'm pretty sure that one seals to the underside of the hood and pulls air only from the fenderwell. I see no other reason that it would have rubber gasket material around the top edge

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ordered a new K&N intake for my 17. Should have it put in by this weekend. Not expecting huge gains but I know it will be better than oem

BAM! Sarcasm replied to with more sarcasm hahaha

But in all seriousness that's a "short Ram intake" aka hot air intake, cold air intakes set the filter inside the fender well to suck in ambient temperature air not one heated by the engine.... Just stating the obvious.

Above are the only posts Ive made concerning the intake in question and nowhere did I say I was getting a "cold air intake"

Curious why you felt you needed to teach me something or state the obvious. If I need help or clarification or just feel like I need some good ol sarcasm in my life I'll start a thread and ask for it. Thanks

I'm pretty sure that one seals to the underside of the hood and pulls air only from the fenderwell. I see no other reason that it would have rubber gasket material around the top edge

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

Good observation Gixer and you are 100 percent correct in that's the way it functions

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Damn bud chill out I was just busting your balls in the means of some humor... I didn't intend on having you get so butt hurt over it.

I not giving u an apology here so don't go crying tears of joy now

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With two turbo chargers pulling super hot exhaust air and forcing it back into the combustion chamber, does the temperature or source of the intake air matter?

Thats a really good shot with great reflections.

8225d613-6202-4fd8-b513-4eda6fb0d6ed_zps80s6w9uo.jpg

Not to split hairs, but turbos utilize hot air pressure (exhaust) to spin an impeller that is attached via a single shaft to another impeller. The 'other' impeller then sucks ambient temperature air through the air filter(s), compresses that air and pushes it into an intercooler, which when pressurized, forces the once again ambient temperature air into the intake. There can be a build up of temperature during the compression of the air, but for the most part the forced induction air is near ambient temperature or cooler depending on the intercooler and efficiency of the turbo(s).

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn bud chill out I was just busting your balls in the means of some humor... I didn't intend on having you get so butt hurt over it.

I not giving u an apology here so don't go crying tears of joy now

Well how about you stop busting balls because you suck at it horribly. I made a valid contribution to this thread and you tried to be the class clown and make some ******* comment. You got put in your place plain and simple

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyways I swapped my open rear diff to an LSD off of a junker 2006 expedition w/o advancetrac. I got tired of being stuck and having to engage 4wd in muddy job sites.

Mine has an LSD. With 210k miles on it. I think it only works in the lowest of traction situations (i.e. Snow).

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score