What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
You sure it is full stainless???
Their website states only the muffler and tip are stainless. The tubing is not.

I’d like to do a stainless catback for less to rust and better looks but Ecoboosts sound like complete and utter crap so I’ll just pull the rear resonator and throw a tip on it like others.

As for what I did today. I popped in some LED puddle lights. Went the $10 eBay route as I figured I can swap them out 5 times over compared to the other models.
View attachment 28000 View attachment 28001
Yes! I selected the option for full stainless and it is 100% a full stainless kit. CarID sells them cheaper than this website has them listed. I actually spoke with the owner at CGS about this and he said it's legit but CarID isn't making the profit they could could be. They also ship directly from CGS so it's not like CarID is pulling a fast one

Screenshot_20181219-093419.png

Last edited:

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Serious! After all the work you put into it? Did something happen to it?
No nothing wrong at all but I'm wanting something that I can do a 6 or 8" lift with 38 or 40's and well the Expedition can't do that.
It's a 89 Bronco and I can do alot more to the suspension without restrictions.
I'm still keeping the Expedition it's gonna be parked.
And the Bronco is a green and tan color and I'm gonna paint it all Black

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly I'm surprised why he of all people on this site hasn't done this sooner for many obvious reasons.
The suspension lift limitations is what made me pull the plug on my Expedition.
I'll just put a tarp over it to keep the weather from beating it up while it sits.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes! I selected the option for full stainless and it is 100% a full stainless kit. CarID sells them cheaper than this website has them listed. I actually spoke with the owner at CGS about this and he said it's legit but CarID isn't making the profit they could could be. They also ship directly from CGS so it's not like CarID is pulling a fast one

View attachment 28006

Nice. Never made it to that screen on their site.

guspech750

Reaction score
I installed some LED headlights on my 2017 XLT. What a great easy mod that makes such a difference. And they match the factory fog lights too. Wish I had used LED's on my other cars.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed some LED headlights on my 2017 XLT. What a great easy mod that makes such a difference. And they match the factory fog lights too. Wish I had used LED's on my other cars.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk

Which ones did you go with?

guspech750

Reaction score
Which ones did you go with?

Well I’m not keen on what’s hot and what’s not in LED lighting. Looked over some threads here and else where. All sorts of options.

I tried these. They could be crap for all I know. Had good reviews on Amazon so I bought them. The high beam model did not fit due to the built in fan on the light. I could not get the rubber seal back on to the housing. But the low beam fits just fine. So far so good. I guess if my truck burns down then I’ll leave negative feedback LOLzzzz.

I just did a search on Amazon for H11 LED headlights. These and a billion others popped up.

01062e1dfe4aca440fd233cc919bbf5c.jpg

2a74d590d8a4999cf6d41ea031b15670.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plati

Reaction score
2 days ago drove from Daytona Beach to Clarksburg WV (800+ miles!). Love road trips in the 2014EL, sweet cruising machine. Snow on the WV Mountain Expressway was "testy" in the dark. Yesterday drove home I90 East through Buffalo and it turned into classic Lake Effect snow. First it was normal snow, then HUGE quarter sized flakes, then cleared up a bit almost sunny, then black skies ... ice pellets ... then heavy snow again. It was downright nasty at times, lots of fun except I haven't put my snow tires on yet. The EL traction control idiot light was very active. The EL would lose traction/break loose and I would start to float on the road and drift at an angle ... and the light would come on. I thought "gee thanks. never would have known". This pic is when it was barely snowing.
IMG_0555.JPG

Last edited: