What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Passanger side exhaust manifold developed a leak, ordered both sides manifold kits (Ford oem).

As the mileage gets up there the repairs keep coming at me.....but that’s expected. Still cheaper than a new truck payment.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My bro got me a set of sea light LED headlights for Christmas.
I am actually surprised in the light quality. Better light output that stock halogens. I don’t have projectors so no crisp defined cutoff. I thought light would scatter pretty bad but they don’t anymore than the halogen.
Aimed them slightly low incase they were more bright to oncoming vehicles. Did some looking myself before hitting the road and seemed pretty good. No high flashes from on coming drivers and did not seem to be obnoxious. They don’t really seem to give off a ton more light but it is a cleaner white light that is much more visible especially on the road reflectors and reflective signs.
I’ll aim them a little higher as they are a touch low and did not seem to cause any issues.

Plati

Reaction score
Bought a Battery Tender Jr and wired the "pigtail" into my 2003 XLT. Took the opportunity to pull all battery connections, clean them up, wipe a thin coat of dielectric grease on all contacting surfaces, and make sure everything was tight @ reassembly.

Battery Tender , made by Deltran in the USA! Paid $27 at Walmart.
IMG_0561.JPG

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Preparing for some fun......a most glorious time!!! New 5.4L 3V Triton Exhaust Manifolds...

1B2F4E33-42FB-46FC-AC93-233DD9B8938F.jpeg
C68AF949-9092-407F-A3A2-CE2282909257.jpeg

Plati

Reaction score
Took the 2003XLT out "in the storm" tonight. Chose the 03 vs the 14EL because its shorter and has better winter tires (Falken nice Wildpeaks). Handles snow like a Pro! Biggest thing to worry about is the idiot coming toward you. Storm not as bad as forecast (in Rochester NY) but still an improvement over the snow drought.
IMG_0580.JPG

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the 2003XLT out "in the storm" tonight. Chose the 03 vs the 14EL because its shorter and has better winter tires (Falken nice Wildpeaks). Handles snow like a Pro! Biggest thing to worry about is the idiot coming toward you. Storm not as bad as forecast (in Rochester NY) but still an improvement over the snow drought.

From what I’ve seen the worst is yet to come....not too much snow expected though. The winds are supposed to start blowing here in Buffalo soon. All the roads are snow covered and compacted & very slippery. Drove in it twice today and have to go out again at about 10. You are right, the most dangerous part is the other drivers.....so many uneducated drivers on the roads who think 4x4 means invincible. F-150 drivers seem to universally not know how to drive in snow here :D.

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
From what I’ve seen the worst is yet to come....not too much snow expected though. The winds are supposed to start blowing here in Buffalo soon. All the roads are snow covered and compacted & very slippery. Drove in it twice today and have to go out again at about 10. You are right, the most dangerous part is the other drivers.....so many uneducated drivers on the roads who think 4x4 means invincible. F-150 drivers seem to universally not know how to drive in snow here :D.
I always spin the wheels and toss the Expy around in the snow … in AWD … to find out what it can do & have FUN! But I always do that in a safe area, like my neighborhood or an empty parking lot. I think you have to get a feel
.... F-150 drivers seem to universally not know how to drive in snow here :D.
it was the "cars" with all season tires that looked dangerous tonight. slippin & sliding and all squirrelly, cant stop and slide into an intersection. Yikes! TIRES make driving in snow …. do-able

this is ready to GO
YGXO5955.JPG

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always spin the wheels and toss the Expy around in the snow … in AWD … to find out what it can do & have FUN! But I always do that in a safe area, like my neighborhood or an empty parking lot. I think you have to get a feel
it was the "cars" with all season tires that looked dangerous tonight. slippin & sliding and all squirrelly, cant stop and slide into an intersection. Yikes! TIRES make driving in snow …. do-able

this is ready to GO
View attachment 28438

Well had to drive in it again, snow is coming down heavier now. Plows are way behind as the roads have accumulation everywhere. And it’s not fluff it’s heavy and compacted.....not a good conbo with 14 degree temp out. It’s not going anywhere. Expedition did great, just drove slow in 4x4 High.