What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Bought led license plate lights. Swapping out all halogen lights for leds. Started with the headlights. Came across a messed up housing on the second row drivers side. Waiting on the part now to complete the cabin. Side mirrors after that. White is wayyy better than yellow smh

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I retired the ole gal. She’s relaxing in my garage. Been relieved of duty by 2021 Nissan Rogue AWD.

The Nissan will assume all road responsibilities of 500-1000 miles week.

Long live the ole gal.

The 21s are nice. My mom has one and I've driven it a few times. I have even less faith in Nissan's reliability than Ford's, but I do like it. Perhaps when she goes to trade it in 2-3 years (as she always does) I'll buy it from her.

BrooklynExp

Reaction score
Drove down in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Helped move my cousin out of Fordham University dorms. I found driving in NYC you just have to be aggressive and not let anyone know your move and it was pretty easy. If you sit there and react slow though you will never get anywhere lol. It also helped with corona traffic wasn’t bad. This was my first time to NYC, I stopped at Peter Luger and picked up some beef...was totally worth the bridge wait. Amazing. The guys who worked at Fordham seemed to be amazed about full size SUV ownership and thought it was pretty cool we can own these in the Suburbs. When I pulled up they had lots of questions about the truck lol. I saw two other EL’s in Manhattan.
I drive an EL in the city. It's very easy car to drive.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drive an EL in the city. It's very easy car to drive.

Some lady side-swiped my rear bumper last time I was in NYC (couple months ago). Then she just drove off with her fake plates. I knew they were going to be fake once I saw the Paterson, NJ used car dealership license plate frame in my photo.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some lady side-swiped my rear bumper last time I was in NYC (couple months ago). Then she just drove off with her fake plates. I knew they were going to be fake once I saw the Paterson, NJ used car dealership license plate frame in my photo.
I used traffic cones there. Parking is always insane when I drive into west Manhattan to visit friends. There is an app spot hero that gets you into parking garages very cheap. I got a spot all weekend for like $85 in October by Fordhams Manhattan campus. Was a nice ramp not run down and your vehicle is locked up at night.

Last edited:

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just asked road crew guys for some NYC traffic cones when they were working 100 feet away and used those to keep people away from me. They park so tight in west Manhattan. Bonus was being able to save the spot driving back and forth moving my friend to a new apartment.

We were in dead stop rush hour traffic. She was behind me and decided she was going to drive into opposing traffic. She backed up a little and then cut left, but completely misjudged the front of her car and nailed my bumper. I got out and she got out for a second also. Traffic started to move a smidge, so she jumped back in her car and took off.

IMG-7119.jpg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it inspected. Lots going wrong with it. Both my front windows don’t work, big banging sounds from rear end still, electrical problems and speedo intermittently going out. Radio does in and out. Plastic molding falling off the wheel wells as they rust away and paint chipping everywhere. Well over 200,000 miles now. What I can say is the 5.4 Triton and 6 speed transmission could care less and keep on trucking. Doesn’t burn any oil or leak fluids…But the truck around the drivetrain is falling into shambles. After looking around I think I’m going to stick around. Pickups are out of control on pricing. The Burbs seem to be pretty finicky in the 15-18 range on the transmission. I’m mainly planning to shop 2016-2019 Expeditions at this point. The 15-17 ones are hard to pass up because they are such a deal but I think I want the new body. Ah we will see what happens. At this point I’m seeing what sends the 07 to the junk yard first…rust or brakes maybe lol.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Transmission blew up this morning after that post LMAO. Lost everything except for 1 and 2. So there is our answer on what is sending her to the bone yard.

Attachments

• 89D3465B-8F83-4210-889F-C62B5F44C754.png
    89D3465B-8F83-4210-889F-C62B5F44C754.png
    189.2 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65