Votes: 41 45.1%
  • I siphon gas from the neighbor

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I actually drive a Prius

• 100+ Racing Gas

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boose

2017 Platinum EL
Reaction score
Premium. my local Costco has their premium at .20 over regular 2.79 vs. 2.59. The increased economy on the highway pays for it.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
The Ford Mustang GT 5.0 manual recommends 91 or higher for maximum performance. It will run with reduced performance on 87. Ford cleverly re-worded the Expedition manual. Basically, use 91 or higher for towing. In other words, it makes less power than advertised power on 87 octane.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Ford Mustang GT 5.0 manual recommends 91 or higher for maximum performance. It will run with reduced performance on 87. Ford cleverly re-worded the Expedition manual. Basically, use 91 or higher for towing. In other words, it makes less power than advertised power on 87 octane.

Thanks for stating again what several of us said A LONG time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EdWeg

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen any 'measured' and 'recorded' studies showing output comparisons between which grade you use?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen any 'measured' and 'recorded' studies showing output comparisons between which grade you use?

YES! Posted above!

Car & Driver did an article and it included a 150 with the 2nd Gen 3.5.

Also, I have done A LOT of logging. You can watch the motor pull timing, which means less boost, and less power when running lower Octane fuel.

Even on 93 it pulls timing under extended heavy load, high ambient temps, or when the intake and everything gets heat soaked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro