What Pricing is Everyone Getting? (I know that this has been discussed but can't find it)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's happening now is a temporary aberration in the market due to the supply shortages. What you paid for your last Expy years ago, or even months ago, is irrelevant. I read an article on CNN yesterday that said 80% of new car customers on January paid OVER MSRP. Best option it seems, is to wait this out and buy later, if you can.
Or do your homework and find a dealer that is still under invoice. They exist.

OP
OP
C

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you call Rodman in Foxboro or Tasca in Warwick RI?
I didn't try Rodman. They have never had decent deals, even in the good times. I'm going to wait this out. The 2018 Platinum is serving me well.

wannabeMtb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't wait this out when my kids are growing up and in their prime bonding years. It is certainly a need for me rather than a want.

CDNRabbit

Reaction score
I can't wait this out when my kids are growing up and in their prime bonding years. It is certainly a need for me rather than a want.
I'm in the same boat so I bit the bullet sold my Explorer ST and ordered a Platinum Max. Waiting even a couple of years didn't make sense, I'd end up with a family hauler for a bunch teenagers. Only got 2k under MSRP but got a great price for the Explorer.

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
If you wait the new car prices will come down but so will the trade-in values. If you want it or need it now, search for the best deal you can get off MSRP and then let everyone fight over your trade in.

I have a 2019 XLT with most options and everyone was offering within $3,000 of what I paid for it. Carmax, Carvana, Autonation, Zoom, etc, etc are all fighting for inventory.

Bdog3434

Reaction score
So I have never done factory order before....had stopped at local dealership a few weeks back, and plunked down $500 and placed an order at MSRP. We havent gotten the email from ford or vin yet. Then read about Granger which is within a couple hours drive, and got a quote for our same build at 5K under msrp. Called my dealer back hoping to get at least close to a match or explanation or something. I was told msrp is all they can do, that they don't expect Granger will stay in business, and saying I would probably never get the Expy. Granger seems to have a good rep, and seems like a no-brainer to cancel my existing order, and place it through Granger, as long as it doesn't mean I would get it MUCH later, or not at all or something. Presuming I would just go back a few weeks later in line, but there wouldn't be any dealer allocation issues or anything. Anyone have thoughts or experience with Granger?

1sttimer

Reaction score
So I have never done factory order before....had stopped at local dealership a few weeks back, and plunked down $500 and placed an order at MSRP. We havent gotten the email from ford or vin yet. Then read about Granger which is within a couple hours drive, and got a quote for our same build at 5K under msrp. Called my dealer back hoping to get at least close to a match or explanation or something. I was told msrp is all they can do, that they don't expect Granger will stay in business, and saying I would probably never get the Expy. Granger seems to have a good rep, and seems like a no-brainer to cancel my existing order, and place it through Granger, as long as it doesn't mean I would get it MUCH later, or not at all or something. Presuming I would just go back a few weeks later in line, but there wouldn't be any dealer allocation issues or anything. Anyone have thoughts or experience with Granger?
I ordered mine through Granger on Monday after reviewing this and other forums experiences. I havent been told a timeline, but driving 4 hours from Minneapolis is worth the money saved.

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Granger is using this opportunity to gain new customers and grow their allocation for the future. I think it will pay dividends for them later on, but your dealer is certainly entitled to his opinion. The same opinion that cost my longtime dealer a sale to Granger…

Saturnfire

Reaction score
3% under invoice plus an additional $3,500 PCO.
I may have to go that route...Maybe they will get me more off since I am also planning to get an F350 Plat Tremor at the same time. (I have time...I wonder if he can get me a Raptor R at MSRP if I get both)