Who has the highest mileage Eco Boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrscott

Reaction score
I have approximately 210,000kms on my 2015 ecoboost expedition which works out about 130,000miles. So far so good no engine problems. I think it would be good for at least another 100,000kms however the new ones are calling my name

5x10

Reaction score
Here we go...I did not say they "have" to rev higher. The V6 must rev higher to produce V8 power. What the hell, is cylinder pressure wear? The original thread asked if a EcoB will be reliable as the 5.4l.
I don't think that's correct, max hp and torque are reached at a much lower rpm vs the gas engine
My torque peaks at 2500 rpm

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have approximately 210,000kms on my 2015 ecoboost expedition which works out about 130,000miles. So far so good no engine problems. I think it would be good for at least another 100,000kms however the new ones are calling my name

Sheesh you drive a lot. That's over 40,000 miles per year!

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The gap gets bigger as they are used, that’s what wears them out. The gap is set to allow the electrode to burn away and still maintain spark.

My electrodes on the old ones aren’t worn down much. You can see that in the photo. The gap on the old plugs was definitely set larger than they recommend now. And Jski, yep the
.028 is generally a tune gap setting from what I’ve been reading. I just set the gap to .030 on all of them and I really need to emphasize that this has actually given my truck a new personality. Better acceleration, no miss at all now under WOT, and idles very smooth now. Wish I had done this months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MidwestBoater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
62,*** on my 2016 that I bought used in November 2017. Towed my boat with it for the first time last week, 540 miles round trip in a day (long story as to why). It's a 21' tritoon on a tandem trailer that's about 27' long overall. The ecoboost never needed to rev over 2700rpm to climb the steepest of hills.. Climbed most hills without downshifting, the boost pressure increased and it just happily chugged right up the hills at 1,800rpm @ 60mph.
My previous tow vehicle was a '14 Ram hemi with the 8spd and tow package, it regularly hit 3500rpm climbing hills.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
62,*** on my 2016 that I bought used in November 2017. Towed my boat with it for the first time last week, 540 miles round trip in a day (long story as to why). It's a 21' tritoon on a tandem trailer that's about 27' long overall. The ecoboost never needed to rev over 2700rpm to climb the steepest of hills.. Climbed most hills without downshifting, the boost pressure increased and it just happily chugged right up the hills at 1,800rpm @ 60mph.
My previous tow vehicle was a '14 Ram hemi with the 8spd and tow package, it regularly hit 3500rpm climbing hills.
Dyno testing of the EcoB F150, the catalytic converters began to overheat. It was in high gear, on boost for long pulls(like, say towing a boat uphill). The HP/torque testing was done in 2nd gear, screaming like a banshee. Plenty of videos on Youtube.

MidwestBoater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dyno testing of the EcoB F150, the catalytic converters began to overheat. It was in high gear, on boost for long pulls(like, say towing a boat uphill). The HP/torque testing was done in 2nd gear, screaming like a banshee. Plenty of videos on Youtube.

Yet half a million ecoboost F150s on the roads towing and hauling and no widespread cat convertor failures?