‘11 power running board stuck closed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

makenzie71

Reaction score
Can these be manually deployed? The motor just whirs and the running board doesn’t fold out...it’s a little too high my the missus to get the baby in and out, i need a temporary solution until i can get it fixed properly.

Dannyboy11222

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can do two things for a quick fix.. 1 force the running boards to open then in the set up menu set running boards to open... Or you can force the running boards open then unplug the motors... But personally I would try cleaning the motors with degreaser and get any debris that could possibly be stopping the running boards from working properly.. Then get some grease and grease the the pins of the running boards and shafts of the motor.. Also could be your battery is dying so be careful and do get stuck with a dead battery...

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

makenzie71

Reaction score
How do you force them open? I gave it a good tug thinking maybe theyre spring loaded or something and it didn’t budge...wasn’t very committed, though.

Dannyboy11222

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Set to open on set up menu.. Open door and force the running board down, you will need to pull on it while you here the motor.. If you don't hear the motor working they won't go down..

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Select "keep boards down" in the set-up menu, then clean all the hinges, then wrap little rags around all hinges soaked in penetrant overnight. You can't just pull on them to open manually.

okestone

Reaction score
However you manage to get the boards down, unplug them while they are down or they will go up the first time you get over 5MPH regardless of the dash setting.