15-17 LED Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Just under $300. No mistakes were made so no extra cost there. Your not voiding a warranty by doing upgrades unless the failure is due to the upgrade and or related somehow. Either way if it got to that point some $50 junk yard lenses would handle that without issue

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
About how much do you have alone? Not counting the LED and other mistakes?
I’m not sure if I want to void the factory warranty with an upgrade like that.

Lol. You cant void any kind of warranty with aftermarket lighting.

ACTUALLY, you don't even HAVE any kind of pertinent warranty whatsoever... bulbs are consumables, and headight housings are breakables that might be an insurance claim but never a warranty one

And even if it were somehow an issue, you could always revert it anyway

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hid I meant, so they are plug ins. Does the housing need any modification to them?
You have to run the wires in side the housings. They provide a round rubber plug that requires you to cuta 1" diameter hole in the rubber cap behind the bulb If you seal it with silicone you can make it fairly water tight. If you ever need to do a warranty exchange you can just order another rubber cap.

OP
OP
J

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have to run the wires in side the housings. They provide a round rubber plug that requires you to cuta 1" diameter hole in the rubber cap behind the bulb If you seal it with silicone you can make it fairly water tight. If you ever need to do a warranty exchange you can just order another rubber cap.
Ok gotcha I thought you had to splice in the wire and cut a bigger hole in the housing.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to you can cut two holes in the back of the big rubber plug one for the 1" rubber plug supplied with the HID system and the other to fish the connector inside the housing. Once you have everything in place you can silicone the hole closed with black RTV sealer. I chose to go through the back of the housing using the rectangular cutout that's covered with a rubber tape.