2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They dropped the engine covers starting in 2020 because of heatin issues for 18s and 19s. Probably why they dropped the HD radiator too.
Good to know. I’ve got a 2019 F150 with the 3.5 in it and I wish I had known this sooner. No issues with it but we can only afford one semi large car payment so we’re trading in my truck for the expedition so my wife. Her 2012 Acadia killed over on us so we sold it as is and she’s been driving mg truck the past several months. Luckily I’ve got my old 2000 F250 to go run errands in and I’ve got a state issued take home truck for work.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not many platinums seem to be scheduled which is the concerning part, since they are going to start 2023 orders in June. Of course, this order is for my wife so I can’t be to frustrated. Just need her to let me upgrade me 2018 F150 Platinum as well.

Other frustrating part is one of our local dealers told us orders weren’t open in December when we asked and I didn’t think to double check him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the reason is chips. Plats prob have more demand on the chips needed but ford probably prioritizes the other higher volume trims.
They will start moving faster hopefully. The 3 week shutdown just helps them build inventory of parts so they can more profitably run the line when it reopens.

The dealer thing sucks. Bc orders opened in October.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered in Dec but still don't have a production date. I ordered a Limited Max 304a with CCD in red. Spoke with dealer today and they have no update.
Try calling ford marketing direct. I found them more helpful.

jeffzhu7613

Reaction score
order xlt max 3/19 .

production 5/9​

ADDA9504-F835-4541-8678-3AB8074AFF0E.jpeg

Attachments

• 2AE6D92C-DB0D-40E6-8C9F-0F746A0E35F2.jpeg
    2AE6D92C-DB0D-40E6-8C9F-0F746A0E35F2.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 20

Cadet7263

Reaction score
For the people waiting on chips, how did you find out that your vehicle was built, but sitting and waiting on a chip? Mine is built, and there has been no change on the tracking site. Curious if I need to reach out to dealer or marketing mid next week to see if I’m sitting waiting on an chip. Currently I’m being told delivery of 4/23-4/29.

I ordered a Limited Max 303A, black, HD Tow, 4x4, auto start stop removed, 15” screen.

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Saw this tonight exactly what I ordered but in silver. Seems like a lot more maxs and timberlines out there. https://www.koonsfordfallschurch.co...ium=referral&utm_campaign=autotrader_listings
i See the tires are Grabber General on the limited pictured here. I sure hope they "grab" the road better than Hankook's. I do not wish to get the truck in summer to immediately have to change to Michelins or Pirellis or other brand for the first winter! Still waiting on the first truck with rear entertainment system!