2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
I never called so I don’t know if I was ever waiting for a chip. I went into production 3/15, the ”built bubble” on the webpage first showed a date on 3/25 and now built 3/30.

I just received the official email from Lincoln. Estimated date at dealership April 5-11. It could be here as early as next week! Well, I‘ll believe it when I see it.
My status changed to "In Production" on 3/14, but it wasn't built until 3/24. Sounds like your Lincoln didn't have any micro chip holds. That's awesome, I hope you get yours very soon. I have a feeling I won't see mine until late May, early June.

shanafan

Reaction score
Details and timelines here:

Bill
Congrats!

I wonder if the Limiteds are being held back right now.

Unless XLT and Limited are the same. Sorry! New Expedition "owner" here. Someday soon new owner... :)

wannabeMtb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m built !!!!!!!!!!

Awesome ! Happy for you.

Looks like ford is prioritizing the Lincolns over the plebeian expeditions.

I have mentally adjusted my expectation to get delivery only by July for my expedition. That way I won't be disappointed when my vehicle spends yet another week in purgatory waiting for microchips. Currently on my second week of waiting for microchips.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
Awesome ! Happy for you.

Looks like ford is prioritizing the Lincolns over the plebeian expeditions.

I have mentally adjusted my expectation to get delivery only by July for my expedition. That way I won't be disappointed when my vehicle spends yet another week in purgatory waiting for microchips. Currently on my second week of waiting for microchips.
Yeah, and I am only on my first week. The way I figured, they have a ton of these sitting in a lot somewhere waiting on chips. It will be months before we see these. I would also assume they are prioritizing Lincolns over Fords.

golden1

Reaction score
For those of us still waiting for a production date ( I ordered on 11/18 ), is there a certain time on Thursday that Ford emails customers of their scheduling?

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those of us still waiting for a production date ( I ordered on 11/18 ), is there a certain time on Thursday that Ford emails customers of their scheduling?
No, this week was cleanup scheduling so it could occur Tuesday-Friday. Found out the dealers get a list on Tuesday that tells them what orders of theirs is getting picked up that week so just get friendly with your manager/order entry person.

Dustbunny

Reaction score
I ordered mine on 1/22 and received my email today with a build week of 5/23. Hopefully you'll get yours soon.
My order: XLT, 202a, TX Edition, HD Tow, Infinite Blue. I also ordered it with auto stop start removed, but it appears they are removing that from all Expeditions now.

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well it finally showed up in the app this morning and populated an “In Production” date. Called marketing and they said it’s been sent offsite and she didn’t see any holds on it. So fingers crossed it’s on a truck soon. ETA is 5/3 but hoping it will show up early. Limited MAX, 303A, HD tow, eLSD, CCD and cargo in Iconic Silver. Ford added the auto start/stop removal after my order was already placed.

shanafan

Reaction score
Well it finally showed up in the app this morning and populated an “In Production” date. Called marketing and they said it’s been sent offsite and she didn’t see any holds on it. So fingers crossed it’s on a truck soon. ETA is 5/3 but hoping it will show up early. Limited MAX, 303A, HD tow, eLSD, CCD and cargo in Iconic Silver. Ford added the auto start/stop removal after my order was already placed.
Ford Pass app? Our updates just come as emails.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
If it’s been sent offsite, that probably means you have a hold for a microchip. I bet if you talk to someone else in marketing, they will tell you about the hold. Mine finished building on the 24th and has been moved offsite since waiting on a micro chip, and our orders are pretty close to each other.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger