2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTodd

Reaction score
In September 2021, I ordered a 2021 Expedition Max XLT. In December, I received notification that the 2021 was switched over to a 2022. My 2022 has been in production status since March 7th. My dealer has received the invoice, but no information as to whether or not it is built. My window sticker showed up February 25, 2022, and it seems to get updated on Sunday evening or early Monday morning. I too am considering shopping for something that is on the lot, even considering a Tahoe, but I am very hesitant about that consideration.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sad day for me :(
I can no longer see my window sticker.
I was put into "In Production" on 2/16 and I could see the window sticker on the same day.
Today, it still says "In production", but they removed the window sticker :(
Really annoyed at Ford for making me wait since november. I am slowly starting to think whether I should go and buy something from what is available at the dealer lot (ford or gm)

I'm in the same boat, but I think it's actually a good sign the truck is further along in production. I can now see the option to activate the truck and even wifi hotspot in FordPass.
Comes down to need though, I'm also frustrated in the 6 month wait time, but if you need something quickly and can get a decent price it never hurts to look. Worst case you still have one on order...

Cadet7263

Reaction score
I have been “in production” for a week now. I can still see my window sticker, but I do not have the option to activate anything in the app yet. I am not sure what all of this means. It seems like many of us are in different “statues” at this point. I may try to call marketing sometime today too and see what they say.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been “in production” for a week now. I can still see my window sticker, but I do not have the option to activate anything in the app yet. I am not sure what all of this means. It seems like many of us are in different “statues” at this point. I may try to call marketing sometime today too and see what they say.
I have been in production since Feb 27th, the disappearing window sticker and fordpass updates only happened in the past few days.
The wait is ridiculous. I get supply chain shortages, but this is crazy.

CTodd

Reaction score
I received the following email on Friday, March 18th. I'm not fully convinced that quality control is the hold up, but I do believe that there is definitely an issue with parts/chips.
Screenshot 2022.png

NoSoExpedition

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, but I think it's actually a good sign the truck is further along in production. I can now see the option to activate the truck and even wifi hotspot in FordPass.
Comes down to need though, I'm also frustrated in the 6 month wait time, but if you need something quickly and can get a decent price it never hurts to look. Worst case you still have one on order...
Sometime between early morning when I first checked it and after lunch when I checked it again, my FordPass app added a picture of the 2022 just like our current vehicles have. The option to activate it still says to wait until delivery of course, but my window sticker is still absent. Overall, these developments seem like positives that stuff is moving down the line.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
I have been in production since Feb 27th, the disappearing window sticker and fordpass updates only happened in the past few days.
The wait is ridiculous. I get supply chain shortages, but this is crazy.
Call marketing. I did today, she told me mine had been scheduled to start, but they haven’t actually started mine yet. Hopefully this week. You will only need the last 8 of your VIN and verify your address, email, and phone number.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Call marketing. I did today, she told me mine had been scheduled to start, but they haven’t actually started mine yet. Hopefully this week. You will only need the last 8 of your VIN and verify your address, email, and phone number.

called them today, very helpful. Told me the truck is in production, likely on final steps as it has an estimated ship date of April 9th, depending on carrier capacity.
She also said there is an issue with their external tracking system where the window stickers are not appearing for some orders, it's something they are trying to resolve, but the window sticker did appear and she could see it when pulled from their internal system. no idea why it was happening, she asked her manager, she didn't know either, but reassured me it was there.