4th Gen Expy FORScan Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried it today and confirmed that the values in the F150 spreadsheet work for global windows.

Global Window Open/Close
BCM 726-17-01 0101 0101 014A
BCM 726-17-02 0101 0101 014B
BCM 726-30-01 0101 xxxx xxxx
DDM 740-05-01 Dxxx xx
PDM 741-05-01 Dxxx xx

On page 101 of the manual it mentions that the moonroof may have an option to vent using the key fob. Can somebody with a Platinum or limited confirm that the vista sunroof does or does not open with the global windows?
I used the above setting to finally get the global windows up/down working...but for the front windows only. I went thru and enabled every global window up/down I could find but had to go to the as built to get it to work as you described above.

I would really like all 4 windows to work, is there a setting I’m missing for the rear windows? I’ve been through the DDM and PDM but I can’t find anything else to enable.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used the above setting to finally get the global windows up/down working...but for the front windows only. I went thru and enabled every global window up/down I could find but had to go to the as built to get it to work as you described above.

I would really like all 4 windows to work, is there a setting I’m missing for the rear windows? I’ve been through the DDM and PDM but I can’t find anything else to enable.

I agree that all 4 windows would be nice. I didn’t try enabling the global windows for the rear.

I don’t have the one touch up and one touch down for the rear windows. I don't think that is an option for the XLT's. According to parts.ford.com, there are different rear window motors for the one touch up and down. If it has one touch up and down rear windows, then it gets rear door modules, also.

I think one touch up and down would be a prerequisite for enabling any sort of global windows on the rear.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree that all 4 windows would be nice. I didn’t try enabling the global windows for the rear.

I don’t have the one touch up and one touch down for the rear windows. I don't think that is an option for the XLT's. According to parts.ford.com, there are different rear window motors for the one touch up and down. If it has one touch up and down rear windows, then it gets rear door modules, also.

I think one touch up and down would be a prerequisite for enabling any sort of global windows on the rear.
That makes sense. Didn’t think about global windows working due to auto up/down buttons on the inside. I will live with what I got and be happy. Thanks for the response.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
on the 2017 F350 - Global Down was available (from the factory), but we had to ADD/Enable the Global UP....at that it only worked fro the front windows and was never available for the rear windows.

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just for Clarity on the AS/S Disable.

The setting change being made has ALWAYS disabled Battery Voltage Monitoring. Several things are a by product of this. Because the BCM cannot verify your battery has enough charge to restart the truck, it will not turn the Motor off. Another by product, is that it is always charging the battery at FULL voltage. That is not good for the battery or the Charging circuits.

The 19+ vehicles now throw a warning when it is disabled, because, well like I said above it is bad for other reasons.

You want AS/S not working, press the button, or buy the aftermarket module. The solution should not be to disable the Battery Monitoring System. This is a TERRIBLE work around, and always has been.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, If you are messing with a 2020 you need the Test build from support. The published version can’t write to the BCM in the 2020. Will confirm tonight that the Test version allows me to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, If you are messing with a 2020 you need the Test build from support. The published version can’t write to the BCM in the 2020. Will confirm tonight that the Test version allows me to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have spent an hour today trying to test settings. The BCM in the 2020 addressing is NOT the same. Nothing works. I stumbled across one thing that did, but it was a previous change I was trying. I think I can map it out, but I need to compare the 2019 file that Wakeboarder sent me line for line...and see if I can find the patterns & similarities. Have a message in to my friend on the FORSCAN dev team to see if he can find the pattern.

All but the Forward Distance Alert worked in the IPC that I tried.

In addition the 2020's only have 1 color LED's installed. I forced the change in the DDM, and they did not change color.