Any problems with the 2019?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spanz

Reaction score
make sure the entertainment things you want to use are available in the 2019. Things like Apple Carplay, etc., may not be supported in 2019, or might need some sort of software update for $.

OP
OP
R

rick619

Reaction score
Is the 'Class IV Trailer tow PKG' same as max tow? Or is that different?

Looking at certified used '18 that only has 17K miles and is $15K less. No 4WD, but probably don't REALLY need that.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is the 'Class IV Trailer tow PKG' same as max tow? Or is that different?

Looking at certified used '18 that only has 17K miles and is $15K less. No 4WD, but probably don't REALLY need that.

Nope. If it has the brake controller and backup knob you have Heavy Tow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
make sure the entertainment things you want to use are available in the 2019. Things like Apple Carplay, etc., may not be supported in 2019, or might need some sort of software update for $.

Huh? ALL 4th Gen Expeditions are Android Auto and CarPlay capable!

Heck all 2017 3rd Gens were too, and 2016’s were AA, and with a Hub swap were fully CP capable.

Yes, updating them is good, can add features and decreases bugs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rick619

Reaction score
So looked at a new black XLT for around $60K, mostly just to see the middle bench seat. The '19 had the dual captain's chairs. Dealer said the black one is the only new one they have.

Also saw a couple used ones just to see some of the options. Haven't seen any that have the max tow pkg.

It is a bit scary how they can't get new stock because of the microchip and other supply issues. Seems like that kills your bargaining power a bit since they know supply is scarce.

Wife is much more patient than I am. She's considering a custom order so we can get only the things we want. That will also give her some time to come up with a larger down payment. I figure that might be the only way I will get the max tow pkg unless I can talk her into the blue '19.

PhrogPilot

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. How many miles do you have on yours?

I have a bit over 27K on mine. Continuing my saga, it was at the dealer Monday and Tuesday, was told “we will only replace 1 front strut and both rear shocks, but they are all backordered until 3rd week of June and oh by the way, you’re on your own for a rental car, we may be able to get you a loaner for a week of that”. I had already rented a car so $600 of my money already invested in the “project”. Brought my Expedition home and on Wednesday called a local repair shop to inquire about getting parts and putting on BOTH front struts on my nickel. He called back 15 minutes later to tell me he would have them Thursday. Thursday I drove over to drop off and when checking in I asked where he got the struts and my jaw hit the floor when he told me - he got them from the dealer who told me they were backordered until late June. Nice job Ford! Another $750 of my $$ is now going for a repair that could have been done in a timely manner under warranty. I’ll be calling corporate (yes, good luck with that) to see if they will make things right - LOL - chances rated at between zero and negative 5 but I’ll get it off my chest.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a bit over 27K on mine. Continuing my saga, it was at the dealer Monday and Tuesday, was told “we will only replace 1 front strut and both rear shocks, but they are all backordered until 3rd week of June and oh by the way, you’re on your own for a rental car, we may be able to get you a loaner for a week of that”. I had already rented a car so $600 of my money already invested in the “project”. Brought my Expedition home and on Wednesday called a local repair shop to inquire about getting parts and putting on BOTH front struts on my nickel. He called back 15 minutes later to tell me he would have them Thursday. Thursday I drove over to drop off and when checking in I asked where he got the struts and my jaw hit the floor when he told me - he got them from the dealer who told me they were backordered until late June. Nice job Ford! Another $750 of my $$ is now going for a repair that could have been done in a timely manner under warranty. I’ll be calling corporate (yes, good luck with that) to see if they will make things right - LOL - chances rated at between zero and negative 5 but I’ll get it off my chest.

Really sounds like you have a dealer issue and not a FORD issue. I would be standing in the Service General Manager’s office having a not so nice discussion. Next would be the General Managers office. I would NOT be paying out of pocket for struts that should be covered under warranty.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Really sounds like you have a dealer issue and not a FORD issue. I would be standing in the Service General Manager’s office having a not so nice discussion. Next would be the General Managers office. I would NOT be paying out of pocket for struts that should be covered under warranty.

Skip the dealer send Ford a direct message. Our Subaru dealers in our region are so bad the only way you can get warranty fixes done correctly is to tell Subaru directly and make sure the Area rep checks the work.

warranty work is typically a shop loss for the dealer especially if its a $400 oil change dealer, you know the type.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Skip the dealer send Ford a direct message. Our Subaru dealers in our region are so bad the only way you can get warranty fixes done correctly is to tell Subaru directly and make sure the Area rep checks the work.

warranty work is typically a shop loss for the dealer especially if its a $400 oil change dealer, you know the type.

Sounds like we have different philosophies, and my dealer must be good. In 20+ years dealing with them on various vehicles, I have never had to call corporate. I have had my share of issues. I address it with the local managers, and have never not had anything resolved.

If I was them, I would hate you. Jumping to higher, before even trying to address it local. Sorry you have had a bad experience with a Subaru dealer, but that doesn't mean every dealer for every brand is like that.