Autostop Eliminator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Decided to start a new thread that didn't have another products name in the subject line.

Original thread is here:

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/4dtech-auto-start-stop.44231/page-2#post-439479

Just finished installing and I'm pretty darn pleased. I will no longer have to remember to hit the button to turn off the ASS feature. The plus side of this product is, if I want to have the feature back, all I have to do is hit the button and voila, the ASS is functional again. Thanks to @LokiWolf for pointing out the harness version of this product. On the 2020 the part number is AE002

FYI, the installation video on the autostop website shows installation in a Ford Raptor. Almost the same on the 2020 Expedition except, the screen is not part of the dash panel you remove to install. Screen stays mounted and surrounding panel pulls out. Also, I don't have the hand strength of the person on the video and found plastic panel pullers worked great. Just be sure to use a cloth or blue tape to protect the dash where you pry.

Last edited:

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Decided to start a new thread that didn't have another products name in the subject line.

Original thread is here:

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/4dtech-auto-start-stop.44231/page-2#post-439479

Just finished installing and I'm pretty darn pleased. I will no longer have to remember to hit the button to turn off the of ASS feature. The plus side of this product is if I want to have the feature back all I have to do is hit the button and voila, the ASS is functional again. Thanks to @LokiWolf for pointing out the harness version of this product. On the 2020 the part number is AE002

FYI, the installation video on the autostop website shows installation in a Ford Raptor. Almost the same on the 2020 Expedition except, the screen is not part of the dash panel you remove to install. Screen stays mounted and surrounding panel pulls out. Also, I don't have the hand strength of the person on the video and found plastic panel pullers worked great. Just be sure to use a cloth or blue tape to protect the dash where you pry.

That dash piece is super tight. I had to pry like crazy to get mine off.....

OP
OP
Alwaysthinkin

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That dash piece is super tight. I had to pry like crazy to get mine off.....

Yes, it was tight! Plus I wasn't sure where to pull, just a sliver to grab, so the side seam was a no brainer for me. Pretty damn sweet now!

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, it was tight! Plus I wasn't sure where to pull, just a sliver to grab, so the side seam was a no brainer for me. Pretty damn sweet now!

There was no bare hand pulling mine off, it literally took multiple pry bars to ensure I wasn't gonna crack the darn thing.

Phil2D2

Reaction score
Installed mine today too. Quickly shipped. Pretty professional looking little harness with their name on it and everything. Video and .pdf instructions on their site were spot on. The trim was pretty tight, but taking time took maybe 15min and it worked just as advertised. Nice little solution to something that has bugged the crap out of me.

Chio4

Reaction score
I’ve had mine for about A year . Love it

OP
OP
Alwaysthinkin

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed mine today too. Quickly shipped. Pretty professional looking little harness with their name on it and everything. Video and .pdf instructions on their site were spot on. The trim was pretty tight, but taking time took maybe 15min and it worked just as advertised. Nice little solution to something that has bugged the crap out of me.

It was a pain in the a** and one of my biggest annoyances. Don't know the legalities of it all, mileage rating and such, but it sure seems like an easy fix at time of manufacture.

Makes me wonder of Ford monitors forums like this to gain insight into other issues and "annoyances"? Seems like a great way to improve customer satisfaction! Which is probably why they don't, seems few are thinking quality mixed with a bit of common sense anymore....

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had mine for almost a year now. Since new. Never looked back. Tight install but no big deal.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just installed mine last week.
Pure bliss. The feature is still there if I want it ( say, stopped traffic jams with long waits), but it never activates unless I ask for it.
You know,.. the way Ford should have designed it.

While I was in there I installed the motion lockout override module from Naviks, so that I can use every feature of the vehicle without having to pull over and put the vehicle in Park to satisfy some stupid bs nanny.

…and the HDMI input module from Naviks with a HDMI multiple input switch, a splitter (also from Naviks) to run output to from and rear of vehicle, so that NOW, I fixed Ford’s RES for them.
I select which input I want to play (Blu-ray, Roku, or Nintendo Switch), and then I get it on all three screens, and over the 12 speaker surround sound—hardwired so no delay bs to deal with.

oh, and the Built-Right mount in the upper dash tray, with backing plate also (and 12v, and USB ports) With Ram mounts for my iPad and a Brandmotion RV backup camera monitor from Crutchfield.. I use the iPad for navigation while the family watches movies, and the Brandmotion camera screen displays the view behind my camper from the wide angle RV cam, at all times.

I waited until I collected all the pieces parts, then did it over one weekend. I have pics, and once I get a chance to breathe, I will create a build thread.
Meanwhile, if anyone has any questions, I’m happy to share / help with your projects.
I did this the weekend following the week of installing my ReadyLift, sway bars, end links. LOL So I’ve been busy and my wife thinks I’ve lost my mind.
Supply chain is still holding up my new Black Rhino shoes, and RCI skid plate kit, but other than that Im almost done…. For now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire