CCD makes ride more comfortable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree completely! I tried very hard to get my hands on a '17 Platinum (or the rare Limited with CCD) but I just could not afford it. It's the biggest regret I have about my current truck (which is a fairly loaded XLT).

We also have an '18 Platinum ("Shorty") and I can tell you the '17 EL with CCD set to "Comfort" rides even more smoothly than an '18 non-Max equipped with CCD. The "Comfort" setting provides a "plush" feeling ride. The newer models don't have this setting. I'm told that "Eco" is the most comfortable setting for '18 but it's hardly what I'd call "plush." Also, with the big 22-inch wheels you can still feel every little bump and undulation in the road surface.

I think the long wheelbase '15-'17 with CCD set to "Comfort" is the smoothest ride you'll ever get in one of these trucks -- even better than the older 2007-13 models that had air suspension. It should be even better with 18-inch wheels and taller sidewall tires. I'd really love to see if there's any way to add CCD to a truck that didn't come with it from the factory!

Agree, if i get another expy (or nav), it will be ccd equipped. Wish i had it when i had my 18 expy ltd, over the long term, the ccd wouldve been more comfortable for what it was used for. I will say though, i test drove an 18 nav, a 17 expy el platty, and a few other suvs on a 5 mile stretch of road and the nav was the smoothest on that road by far, but i would say ford tuned the hell outta the 3rd gen expy ccd. I can just imagine if ford added air springs to this set up.