Expedition vs Navigator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Definitely a person who is paid to give a bad review on online forums.

And to the OP, like others have said, if you loved your 18 Expy so much why did you get rid of it? I think I know why but we'll keep the opinion to myself.

I'm making millions at it!

Proud Okie

Reaction score
My wife has a '18 navigator and I have a '19 stealth limited. Both have features that I like. What surprises me, is the fact that the two are so different in their layout. Buttons and knobs aren't interchangeable or even in the same area. I love the buttons on my expy. The radio presets and climate control are usable w/o having to go through different screens. I love the heads up display on wife's navigator. I like both vehicles. My stealth looks more like me but the ride and drive of a navigator is unsurpassed. Also, Lincoln treats you a little better with warranty work or free oil changes/washes.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's a good question. If I sent this Navigator to the dealership saying it rides harsh, HOW am I going to prove that it rides rougher than the next one enough to get them to even look into it? I can already see that they'll push it off as its probably $4,500 to replace all 4 struts. I'll have to crawl under it and see if they are leaking oil, but I know they weren't a few months ago.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's a good question. If I sent this Navigator to the dealership saying it rides harsh, HOW am I going to prove that it rides rougher than the next one enough to get them to even look into it? I can already see that they'll push it off as its probably $4,500 to replace all 4 struts. I'll have to crawl under it and see if they are leaking oil, but I know they weren't a few months ago.

If they say it’s in perfect condition then have them give you a top dollar trade-in number for it. Then trade it in for a new expedition and be done with it. You like the expedition better anyway so there’s no reason to have this headache on your hands. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Definitely a person who is paid to give a bad review on online forums.

And to the OP, like others have said, if you loved your 18 Expy so much why did you get rid of it? I think I know why but we'll keep the opinion to myself.

Whoa, not Dman. He prolli top 5 most helpful dudes on this forum. His review comes off as very earnest of the nav.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If they say it’s in perfect condition then have them give you a top dollar trade-in number for it. Then trade it in for a new expedition and be done with it. You like the expedition better anyway so there’s no reason to have this headache on your hands. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itll be a good reason to get into the 22 nav, lol.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just watched a Moab Kolab rescue of a Navigator stuck in rotten snow off the beaten path. The Navi didn’t have any front recovery hooks, they had to strap to a front A arm to drag him up a hill and out of the rotten snow. I wonder if the Expedition front recovery hooks can be fitted to the Navi?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Artie, I remember when I first got my Expo, you got your Navi. Other that cam fasers (spelling), I haven’t had a single issue with my Expo. Any issues with the Navi?
I’ve had a squeaky drivers seat in one of the lumbar sections (I have the 21 way adjusting seats) and the speaker for the closing deck lid alert replaced under warranty. Everything else has been rock solid. This after many miles towing on forest service roads as well, I’d expect something to develop but it’s been great. We are getting a dedicated off raider so the rest of our Navigator’s life will be daily usage and road trips. I expect to go very deep into the odometer.