Fix-A-Flat- bogus or useful?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
If your cheap as you claim, buy a tire plug kit. It is as simple as, removing the nail, enlarging the puncture, adding a little rubber cement and pushing a plug in. I had a similar spot with a nail. My local tire shop DID patch it. They had to do a little extra prep, but it held. Try another place.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gezz that is not a sidewall hole location. Guys that say don't use plugs must have had a bad experience with cheap crap plugs. I use the vulcanizing type with a lot of rubber cement and never had a problem. I have even seen rubber plugs in sidewalls done by tire shops. I carry the good plug kit and an air source in my vehicles. Any flats we get are self repaired, never at a shop and never any issues after. As for Slime it works good when used as directed. A little common sense goes along way.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Plug kits are great.....inter tubes work great too on those “don’t no if a plug will work” situations. Do they still make inter tubes is the question???

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Plug kits are great.....inter tubes work great too on those “don’t no if a plug will work” situations. Do they still make inter tubes is the question???
Yes, you can still get an inner tube. You'll run into problems with TPMS unless you have the band type, and in addition the damaged steel belts will probably end up puncturing the tube and you're back to square one.