Headlight weirdness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18XLT

Reaction score
Just a bump for this thread 8-9 months later to see if anybody has updated experiences to share with prior LED choices or what dealers have been saying to you?
We hate our 2018 XLT lights at night and the car is leased. I wish I had seen this thread before.
It’s downright sad for such an expensive car.
On a work trip I recently had a rental Toyota Corolla with great factory LEDs.

mikeyanxu

Reaction score
Thank you all for the great information.
I have a 2019 XLT max with halogen low beam.
Considering to install Hikari Ulatra LED HB3. Actually, I had this brand but a different type on my Jetta. Very bright and good pattern with the OEM housing.
Question: To the ones installed the Hikari Ulatra LED-HB3, does the ford light bulb rubber cover seals up the LED bulb inside of the headlight housing or or?
Anyone can share a source of Youtube or image of what the back of the light housing look like?

My Jetta didn't seal the LED inside of the housing so dust is drawn inside of the light housing over time.

Thank you!

O5111

Reaction score
Question: To the ones installed the Hikari Ultra LED-HB3, does the ford light bulb rubber cover seals up the LED bulb inside of the headlight housing or or?
Anyone can share a source of Youtube or image of what the back of the light housing look like?

My Jetta didn't seal the LED inside of the housing so dust is drawn inside of the light housing over time.

Thank you!

The factory covers went back on just like stock in my 2018. Dust shouldn’t be any more of an issue than stick with these bulbs.

18XLT

Reaction score
I just filed a written safety concern with the NHTSA, and have a case number regarding the headlights on my 2018 Expedition XLT . . .
I did the same. I hope more people that care enough for change might consider taking a few minutes to do so too!

Ryan Mezey

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to where they filed the complaint, our 2019 XLT lighting is the worst i have seen on any vehicle ever. It's scary unsafe and I have 2 young daughters that my wife drives with.

taaangy234

Reaction score
The halogen projector should have a squirrel finder and higher step on the right to allow you to see license plate and street signs and spot deer and others animals that could cause a collision. While this car headlight failed on both giving us a straight pattern light and a horrible output. We should all start filing complains.

IMG_20140205_084533_zps6dfdac61.jpg

Last edited:

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:

Breaker

Reaction score
After reading all through these 11 pages, I feel like I should have spent the extra $10k and got the limited with LEDs.
Will be attempting to improve the headlights after the Expy goes in for some warranty stuff.