How to add remote start using forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Old post but has anyone with an Ssv model expedition done this? Just wanting to make sure it will work before spending any money on it
Only money you'd be out is for the key fobs and obd adapter. Which are both handy to have anyways. What year is your Ssv?

Sent from my Bristol motor speedway using Tapatalk

Parkspremier

Reaction score
Only money you'd be out is for the key fobs and obd adapter. Which are both handy to have anyways. What year is your Ssv?

Sent from my Bristol motor speedway using Tapatalk
It’s a 2015, so I guess I’m still just a little confused on what exactly the Forscan is. It would possibly just be the key fobs and an obsessed adapter but what runs the program? A separate tuner or a computer etc?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It’s a 2015, so I guess I’m still just a little confused on what exactly the Forscan is. It would possibly just be the key fobs and an obsessed adapter but what runs the program? A separate tuner or a computer etc?

Computer. There is a FORSCAN Area here. Go do a little reading. Read the beginning of the long one started by me. That will get you the basics you need to get started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know many have chimed in saying they’ve activated remote start using forscan and with the keys that were linked on amazon, just wanted to share my success, as well. For whatever reason it takes “lock + 3 clicks of the remote start button” but she starts, nonetheless. Thanks again!

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know many have chimed in saying they’ve activated remote start using forscan and with the keys that were linked on amazon, just wanted to share my success, as well. For whatever reason it takes “lock + 3 clicks of the remote start button” but she starts, nonetheless. Thanks again!
Good to hear. I'm tempted to try lock 3X's on my original fobs to see if they will start it.

Still not sure about the climate settings. Summer will be here soon, if it automatically runs high cold ac from the vents, I won't have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was just going to ask if you had any luck adjusting the startup climate settings. Keep us posted if you find anything.

Dabbill

Reaction score
Can you use the ForScan phone app for modifications or is that only for reading codes? I do not own a Windows or Apple laptop. All my computers are Linux. Any one tried to run this software in WINE?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you use the ForScan phone app for modifications or is that only for reading codes? I do not own a Windows or Apple laptop. All my computers are Linux. Any one tried to run this software in WINE?

The Mobile app does not do any programming.

Does not run very well via Wine last I heard. I would not trust it. You are trusting a conversion program to program a module on your vehicle. You could possibly use Virtual Box and a Windows VM. I know people have gotten VM to work on Mac’s.

There is an actual FORScan Forum on FORScan’s site. There might be better help for that there.

Dabbill

Reaction score
The Mobile app does not do any programming.

Does not run very well via Wine last I heard. I would not trust it. You are trusting a conversion program to program a module on your vehicle. You could possibly use Virtual Box and a Windows VM. I know people have gotten VM to work on Mac’s.

There is an actual FORScan Forum on FORScan’s site. There might be better help for that there.

Thanks. I work in IT and have ~25 VMs running on my home server. I was just hoping that I would not have to go that route if I didn't have to.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A barebones $150 windows laptop or tablet will run ForScan easily and well worth the cost to be able to actually utilize ForScan.
Heck may even find something at a pawn shop for under $100.