Lower Valance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 17’ Superduty has a huge one. And if you take it off you will see part of the frame horns. At least the Expy gives you a clean look without it.
bf0891c7c07b7857a182d3f72f1dccf5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Channel is workplaytv and it is the Tremor air dam that he uses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
We should be getting in Ford's **** about the delayed shift time between reverse and drive rather than going back and forth on anesthetics vs technical validity of an air dam spoiler. We've let Ford convince us that a delay in shifting is acceptable because of the new 10-speed technology. The delayed shifting gets on my nerves way more than that spoiler, and makes whipping a 3-point turn much less graceful. Oh, if you claim not to be experiencing this phenomenon, then is a clue that for may now of a problem it's not willing to admit/share.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there’s zero difference in efficiency and even if there was it would be less than 1%. My family has owned multiple vehicles over the past 15 years, 4 SUVs, a mustang, f350s all of them have had those ugly valences removed and not one single difference in efficiency or anything has ever been noticed to say “oh shit I better put this back on”

sure in a laboratory setup in perfect conditions they may see differences but we don’t drive in f-ing wind tunnels in perfect conditions do we fellas?

i suspect you hit the nail on the head - the idealized conditions laboratory setup imposed on the builders by leftwing watermelon bureaucrats in washington dictating how our cars are built is the culprit.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I swear, us “forum folks” would argue about whether water is wet...haha. And I’m just as bad as anyone.

Buy what you want, do with it what you will. What in the WORLD did we do before we could go on a forum and have some strangers tell us what we can/should do with our vehicles?

Everyone have a great day, stay safe, hug your family, and enjoy a coke and a smile.

you win the Internet today!!

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It makes a difference, whether you care to acknowledge it or not. In fact, the faster you go the more difference it makes--but you may never notice it b/c you never noticed what mileage you were really getting in the first place.

But to try and label common-sense vehicle aerodynamics as false, "rocket wizardry" or "it comes from some new fangled, ****-kid wind tunnel thingamabob," is just being ignorant of simple science. Now, you can say you don't like it, or don't care for it--so remove it. But please don't come here an belittle the real science behind it like it does not work.

Save that for the Honda Civic fart-can muffler threads :rolleyes:

Now, I know what it does and I too am removing it. But if I go on a lengthy road trip (like I tend to do, like 2000 mile roadtrips) I will consider adding it back.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
....., to try and label common-sense vehicle aerodynamics as false, "rocket wizardry" or "it comes from some new fangled, ****-kid wind tunnel thingamabob," is just being ignorant of simple science. Now, you can say you don't like it, or don't care for it--so remove it. But please don't come here an belittle the real science behind it like it does not work.

whew... eh... lighten up Francis?

I swear, you would think you personally designed the thing.

Every time you look at any news media today there will be at least one accusation of somebody not believing in science, or some group being science deniers. And of course those accusations are generally intended to make the accuser look smugly intelligent and informed, while making the accused look like they aren’t sharp enough to fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

This gets played out in one form or another over every media type seemingly every day.

And the sheeples consuming that verbal diarrhea see it all the time, so they of course believe it, and they just regurgitate it while patting each other on the back for being sooooo smart.

Hint: just because someone doesn’t place the same panic-level-priority on something that you do, doesn’t mean they are 6th grade dropouts that don’t comprehend the basic concepts of physical science.

You may not like the fact that someone else doesn’t place a lot of emphasis on conservation or energy savings in their lives. Fair enough. But please stop it with “science denier” nonsense. You may be reciting your talking points to someone that is far more qualified than you to speak on the subject.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hint:Feel free to reread what I wrote. I dont care what they do to their trucks or what they emphasize. That is their buisness, but when someones opinion runs into a wall of facts? Just dont say something does not exist when it does.

And it has nothing to do with what I like or feel. A fact is a fact and if they or you have science, education, or training in such matters that counters my facts--please bring them.

Last edited: