Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered both rear and front sway bar from Summit Racing on April 2,2021. Received rear sway bar on April 11 (supposed to be April 8 but was delayed in shipping/FedEx) with front sway bar expected April 20. Front has since been changed to May 15 and now, I just checked, May 3, 2021. Sounds like Summit has some internal issues regarding orders. In the "old days" they would have said your order fell behind the file cabinet. Not sure what they say now....
Or, I'm just a lucky SOB!:happy107:

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered both from Summit two weeks ago. Expected delivery changed from May to July.

Why do the work when the weather is nice when you can feel like you're working in a steam room? ;)

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, out of curiosity I re-ran my FedEx tracking number. FedEx is now showing me all the stops the damaged boxes are making on their way back to Summit. Here I was thinking I was getting progress reports on a reship. Who can tell how this will end...will I eventually receive the same two bars, re-packaged; or be put back to the end of the waiting list and maybe be scheduled to receive them in September or sometime like that. After all this **, i sure hope that they're worth all the hassle.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, out of curiosity I re-ran my FedEx tracking number. FedEx is now showing me all the stops the damaged boxes are making on their way back to Summit. Here I was thinking I was getting progress reports on a reship. Who can tell how this will end...will I eventually receive the same two bars, re-packaged; or be put back to the end of the waiting list and maybe be scheduled to receive them in September or sometime like that. After all this **, i sure hope that they're worth all the hassle.
Only have the rear bar in at this time but that alone makes a major change in handling on curves. I was slowing way down going into a round-a-bout because of the handling. One day (pre rear sway bar) I "dove" into the round-a-bout because of a short opening in traffic and thought I was going to lose control making it through. No such problem now! I do still feel the front end being a little sloppy so I'm still looking forward to installing the front sway bar. Rear is huge difference.

Might try calling Summit and asking them what the heck?

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only have the rear bar in at this time but that alone makes a major change in handling on curves. I was slowing way down going into a round-a-bout because of the handling. One day (pre rear sway bar) I "dove" into the round-a-bout because of a short opening in traffic and thought I was going to lose control making it through. No such problem now! I do still feel the front end being a little sloppy so I'm still looking forward to installing the front sway bar. Rear is huge difference.

Might try calling Summit and asking them what the heck?

Honestly the rear sway bar didn't help my cornering much. The front sway bar made all the difference. It could just be because they were BOTH done then, but thats what I found. The rear simply ended all the stupid side to side bobble-head BS and rear tail wagging sway that made you puke.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly the rear sway bar didn't help my cornering much. The front sway bar made all the difference. It could just be because they were BOTH done then, but thats what I found. The rear simply ended all the stupid side to side bobble-head BS and rear tail wagging sway that made you puke.
The rear tail wag is exactly what the problem was for me. I just found the need to compensate for what felt like a rear end wanting to slide out one way then another. Has me even more excited for the front sway bar. I always did like twisty roads, maybe I'll be looking for some new routes soon.....

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear tail wag is exactly what the problem was for me. I just found the need to compensate for what felt like a rear end wanting to slide out one way then another. Has me even more excited for the front sway bar. I always did like twisty roads, maybe I'll be looking for some new routes soon.....

The sway was totally Unacceptable....

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those curious about shipping times, I ordered both bars from Summit Racing on Feb. 16. The rear bar shipped April 6 and the front shipped April 23.