Refreshed Ford Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the tablet was flush with the top of the dash it would look nice. It looks like a 17 yr old did an aftermarket install in that pic. Not a fan of the new style vents either. Looks like Ford is coping Bowtie with that we just threw this big a$$ ipad on the dash B.S. Those black rims however in that 2d URL are NICE!

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like it has the digital tach similar to the Navis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gauges in my wifes 18 Navigator are an embarrassment in my eyes. They are plain and gross looking. I still can't read the gas gauge, it makes no sense and its red which I'm colorblind to. Sure hope they don't think this is an upgrade.....

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I personally hope Ford invested more in to the autonomous driving experience and perhaps give a level 2 experience. The Expedition really lags here, lane keep doesn’t keep you centered enough in my opinion. Volvo, Honda, Cadillac, many other manufacturers have much better systems where you can comfortably let go of the wheel and cruise. Not sure if this is just an expedition thing or all of Ford but with a huge SUV the lane keep and overall highway experience should feel more automated. The auto cruise works great but for the love of god keep me centered on those winding roads!

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I personally hope Ford invested more in to the autonomous driving experience and perhaps give a level 2 experience. The Expedition really lags here, lane keep doesn’t keep you centered enough in my opinion. Volvo, Honda, Cadillac, many other manufacturers have much better systems where you can comfortably let go of the wheel and cruise. Not sure if this is just an expedition thing or all of Ford but with a huge SUV the lane keep and overall highway experience should feel more automated. The auto cruise works great but for the love of god keep me centered on those winding roads!

Lane keep assist and lane centering are two very different features. The expeditions advertise as lane keep assist, so it won’t try correcting until you are about to leave or have left the lane. Lane centering is what you are asking for and Ford has it for other models.

I have wondered if they actually have different hardware to do this or if it a matter of programming. Both the auto-steering and line detection are present. The question is if the processor, camera accuracy, and auto-steer duty cycle could handle it.

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lane keep assist and lane centering are two very different features. The expeditions advertise as lane keep assist, so it won’t try correcting until you are about to leave or have left the lane. Lane centering is what you are asking for and Ford has it for other models.

I have wondered if they actually have different hardware to do this or if it a matter of programming. Both the auto-steering and line detection are present. The question is if the processor, camera accuracy, and auto-steer duty cycle could handle it.

Thank you, “Lane Centering”! Most mid level to higher end cars redesigned in 2018 or later have this, especially at this price point.

Our 2018 Acura MDX redesigned in 2014 (I think) has this capability.

Perhaps you’ve hit the nail on the head with the hardware. The accuracy of the system does feel a little off by a good foot or two so perhaps that’s the issue.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remember, that tech was not a feature available on any of the expys competitors. Even now, not even the new gms offer lane centering as far as I remember.

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remember, that tech was not a feature available on any of the expys competitors. Even now, not even the new gms offer lane centering as far as I remember.

It’s mind boggling I believe you also need to get the High Country Tahoe or High Country Suburban to get all the safety features even in the new 2021!

I guess large SUV / truck buyers don’t care for that...

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Without full self driving, I don’t think self centering, lane keeping is worth much. What do you guys do? Drink a lot? Have narcolepsy? My Expy’s pretty easy to drive between the lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk