This forum is talking me out of buying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP Dye

Reaction score
Hahahaa, I would think being able to break the tires free at 55 on a 5K+ SUV is a selling point. With 28k on the tires and poor tracking what’s the tread like. Mine tracks really good for an IRS and I love the light wheel that Ford uses. Get out of my Superduty and into a Ram and it feels like there is no power steering at all. I’m with you on the 10 speed. I don’t think it is everything it was supposed to be. Even the HD trucks are getting complaints about it. I feel for anyone that’s not happy with a new ride, no matter the brand. I hope they figure it out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK I admit it’s a little cool to be able to B reak the tires free at 55 Mph but damn you better be careful or you’re gonna lose control of it. But I don’t think it supposed to do that, that was more my point

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks to the guys who got it and posted up useful real experiences. I’d also like to thank the fanboys who took the bait so they could be ignored.

Looks like good enough odds to roll the dice on one, with an extended warranty. Appears I found a perfect one for us and a dealer ready to play ball. Even matching Flood on ESP.

Stay tuned.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d also like to thank the fanboys who took the bait so they could be ignored.

Well that’s rude. If our “real experience” is that we haven’t had any serious problems that make us regret our purchase and otherwise love the vehicle, that’s a valid data point for a perspective buyer.

But congrats on your find and good luck with the new ride.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well that’s rude. If our “real experience” is that we haven’t had any serious problems that make us regret our purchase and otherwise love the vehicle, that’s a valid data point for a perspective buyer.

But congrats on your find and good luck with the new ride.

No, rude is some of the responses and the likes of those. Worked to sort the wheat from the chaff though.

Redstripe19

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, rude is some of the responses and the likes of those. Worked to sort the wheat from the chaff though.

The title of the thread is basically inviting people to talk you into buying.
My experience is with a 2019 basic XLT with 11K miles. Had to replace one shock and that's the only problem I've had so far. It hasn't spoiled the experience for me. Mine doesn't have most of the electronic features that some people have issues with so I can't comment on those. I like the 10 speed transmission and power, especially sport mode. The ride is fine even with the cheaper shocks and the car is actually pretty quiet too. I love Fords and am a Ford loyalist but it makes no difference to me if you buy an Expedition, Navigator or any other brand of large SUV. I like what I like and am happy with this car so far.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We LOVE our 2019 Max Platinum. Bought in November. Only have 3K miles as of yesterday. Everyone that gets in it comments how awesome it is (OMG, it feels like I’m in a limo). As with any vehicle there are some quibbles I have with it. Mostly I don’t like the skip shifting where it goes 1-3 and 3-5, skipping 2nd and 4th. Feels “clunky” when it does that. I also miss the burble and growl of a V8. The EB MOVES though! Supposedly this behemoth is quicker than my 11 Grand Cherokee Summit with a Hemi that this Expedition replaced. That vehicle I hated the cylinder deactivation and exhaust. So I got a tune and bought a Corsa exhaust.

Many have already said it, don’t use these forums as a means to dismiss your purchase. It’s really the only game in town for a large 3 row SUV that can haul. We considered the Yukon XL Denali and Escalade ESV for a moment (though I HATE GM) but never even looked at them when I realized the 3rd row was useless due to the solid axles. We debated between Max Platinum and Navigator L Reserve at that point. We ended up with the Ford because of the incentives.

Diverdown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We LOVE our 2019 Max Platinum. Bought in November. Only have 3K miles as of yesterday. Everyone that gets in it comments how awesome it is (OMG, it feels like I’m in a limo). As with any vehicle there are some quibbles I have with it. Mostly I don’t like the skip shifting where it goes 1-3 and 3-5, skipping 2nd and 4th. Feels “clunky” when it does that. I also miss the burble and growl of a V8. The EB MOVES though! Supposedly this behemoth is quicker than my 11 Grand Cherokee Summit with a Hemi that this Expedition replaced. That vehicle I hated the cylinder deactivation and exhaust. So I got a tune and bought a Corsa exhaust.

Many have already said it, don’t use these forums as a means to dismiss your purchase. It’s really the only game in town for a large 3 row SUV that can haul. We considered the Yukon XL Denali and Escalade ESV for a moment (though I HATE GM) but never even looked at them when I realized the 3rd row was useless due to the solid axles. We debated between Max Platinum and Navigator L Reserve at that point. We ended up with the Ford because of the incentives.

The Ford is also “low key” compared to the Lincoln. In some situations, low key is best. Also, if you’re worried about kids tearing up you car then I would recommend Expedition first, then Navigator one they’re older.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Ford is also “low key” compared to the Lincoln. In some situations, low key is best. Also, if you’re worried about kids tearing up you car then I would recommend Expedition first, then Navigator one they’re older.

There are drawbacks to having the flashy fancy ‘rich guy’ car but you can avoid most those places. The pros far outweigh any cons. We got two in car seats so the destructive kid factor is on my mind but so far so good...I don’t think we’ve reach the maximum property damage ages yet though.

Last edited:

Diverdown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are drawbacks to having the flashy fancy ‘rich guy’ car but you can avoid most those places. The pros far outweigh any cons. We got two in car seats so the destructive kid factor is on my mind but so far so good...I don’t think we’ve reach the maximum property damage ages yet though.

By pros, do you mean comfort or features or both?