Timberline - LED Reflector Headlamps - Auto Adjusts w/Road?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omodan

Reaction score
My wife and I purchased a 2022 Expedition Timberline with the 501A High package back in March 2022 to serve as her vehicle. I just recently noticed that her headlights do not curve with the road when she turns the way my 21 F150 does.

The ford website for her vehicle states that they should turn with you as you turn your vehicle. Is this feature actually missing from my vehicle or is the Ford website incorrect? Curious if other Timberline owners headlamps adjust and turn with the vehicle around corners or not?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife and I purchased a 2022 Expedition Timberline with the 501A High package back in March 2022 to serve as her vehicle. I just recently noticed that her headlights do not curve with the road when she turns the way my 21 F150 does.

The ford website for her vehicle states that they should turn with you as you turn your vehicle. Is this feature actually missing from my vehicle or is the Ford website incorrect? Curious if other Timberline owners headlamps adjust and turn with the vehicle around corners or not?

Does the vehicle owner’s manual have an explanation of the headlamps?

Is it possible the feature can be turned on / off in the setting menu?

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score

There are no motorized parts in the headlights. The F150 has a different setup. These Expy lights do not curve with the road but do have glare reducing auto high beams. Basically means they dim on and off.

OP
OP
Omodan

Omodan

Reaction score
There is no mention of that feature in the owners manual nor a setting under the headlights that can enable them to be adaptive. There is a toggle for auto high beams.

Everything I see makes me assume it does not have it. unfortunately, I had thought it would though since their website states that it is a feature.

tphford

Reaction score
Where does it state that it has this feature on the website? I’ve never seen mention of it on the Expedition, but I could be wrong.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought the only thing mentioned on the website for the Expy was the auto headlights.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have noticed something lighting up in the direction I'm turning. I don't think it's anything motorized but just another bulb that turns on, possibly something with the fog lights. I have to have one my kids drive it while I'm outside the truck to catch it. But...I might be seeing things :roflsquared:

ElectrifyCLT

Reaction score
I have noticed something lighting up in the direction I'm turning. I don't think it's anything motorized but just another bulb that turns on, possibly something with the fog lights. I have to have one my kids drive it while I'm outside the truck to catch it. But...I might be seeing things :roflsquared:

This is very common with Swedish cars. My old Saab did this with the fog light as do most Volvo cars equipped with fog lights. I think my GTI did this as well.

I’ll have to pay attention more to the expedition in this regard.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is very common with Swedish cars. My old Saab did this with the fog light as do most Volvo cars equipped with fog lights. I think my GTI did this as well.

I’ll have to pay attention more to the expedition in this regard.
Cadillacs and Lincolns have been doing this since the late 1970's. Not sure why more manufacturers don't do it.