Unknown leaking in 2021 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, see those posts and hope the problem was found but posting since even with the sunroof closed, a ton of water passes the seals for others on thread to learn about. The sunroof seal by no means is water proof or the glass wouldn’t be able to move through its positions. A dealer or anyone can miss this and good for anyone with a sunroof to know about.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, see those posts and hope the problem was found but posting since even with the sunroof closed, a ton of water passes the seals for others on thread to learn about. The sunroof seal by no means is water proof or the glass wouldn’t be able to move through its positions. A dealer or anyone can miss this and good for anyone with a sunroof to know about.
I totally agree. One would think that the service depart he took it to would have checked. But WTF am I thinking. lol

buckwheat-phd

Reaction score
I have a 2021 expedition. Two days ago drove it everything seemed fine. Yesterday morning open a back door and it smells musty. Go to put my front passenger seat forwards and we notice water pouring from the back of the seat on both sides where the seat goes up and back. It was ice cold water too. A couple hours later I noticed the front seat is wet. Dealership can't find anything wrong and has no idea.

I'd bet on the evaporator drains are clogged. Seats are probably wicking up the [cold] water. *If* I'm right, this should be a real easy/cheap fix. Good luck!

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did anybody read or here of a final resolution of this problem?