Weathertech mud flap protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1111ExpyEL1111

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I guess for $80 I'll give them a go and see how they work out. I was hoping the reply was "yep, these protect the motor and linkage really well", but I suppose some protection is better than none at all.

How many have bought extended warranties from Ford? I didn't pull the trigger when I bought it because both extended warranties I've purchased in the past never got used. Spent $3K on extended warranty for my wifes Infiniti M45x and it expired before the transmission did, and the Grand Cherokee I never used the lifetime warranty I bought when it was new. But if these power running boards cost north of $2,000 to fix and they are a sure thing to fail, seems like the warranty may not be a bad buy.

Anywhere selling them online for less than any other dealers? Ziegler was selling the Mopar plans for a lot less than anyone else when I bought mine for the Jeep.

I have the Ford Extended Warranty and the Power Running Boards ARE NOT covered. Always good to read the fine print.

ib_jigged

Reaction score
I put the Weathertechs on our Stealth. They look great, I just wish the front ones were a little longer and gave more protection. 1-2" would have made a big difference!

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the fixed running boards. It was pretty noisy when I drove fast through deep puddles. It is quieter now after installing the weathertechs.