What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove the puddle lights on the mirror w/o the signal on 2nd gens?

Plati

Reaction score
Drove the Expy over several mountain passes today. Hoosier Pass pretty cool with a dirt road and free camping along the Continental Divide
3D71B813-5806-4163-A1C7-24DA3E0FBF9E.jpeg

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Upgrade/Replaced license plate lights form halogen to LEDs. Looks so much better and are much brighter. I still need to get the interior bulbs done just dont have the time right now to mess with them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is one area in which I want less visibility. I don't want Permit Patty dialing 911 because I committed a minor traffic violation at 2AM.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I am doing a passenger side exhaust manifold gasket on my 07. The manifold,gasket and studs were done august of last year but the Dorman gasket just didn't hold up. So were back with motorcraft gaskets and getting it done

20180901_074458.jpg

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is one area in which I want less visibility. I don't want Permit Patty dialing 911 because I committed a minor traffic violation at 2AM.
Well we don't do that much night driving but I haven't been able to find any thing that would say they are illegal unless they are blue or some other color like that. That and most new cars have the leds already. So if a cop stops me because he can see my plate I'll be pretty pissed but luckily I live in a state that is extremely lenient with automotive modifications.

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Replaced the drivers side IWE today. Went better than I thought. Maybe I'll get to the passenger side if the weather holds out and we don't have too much going on.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Picked up a Rough Country light bar on eBay. I really wanted to for a Rigid or Baja, but I just couldn't justify the price for my needs (better wildlife visibility on country roads). Hopefully, I'll procrastinate less about installing it than I did the retrofit HIDs.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Who's permit patty?

Also, where the heck do you live??? Do you have some impressive history of violations, convictions / warrants, or some documents issues like immigration or DUI???

Most places, cops won't react to anything except reckless drunk driving or violent crime in progress at 2am

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Who's permit patty?

Damn, don't you read/watch the news? ;) https://mashable.com/article/permit-patty-oakland/#W89XGKG3giqK

Also, where the heck do you live??? Do you have some impressive history of violations, convictions / warrants, or some documents issues like immigration or DUI???

Most places, cops won't react to anything except reckless drunk driving or violent crime in progress at 2am

I live in a rural, incredibly low crime area where the cops will respond to anything and everything at 2AM simply because they have nothing better to do. My criminal/driving record is pristine and the cops where I live are actually very laid back. When I had to the grocery store, etc. though the area is a bit more high crime and the cops are always look for PC to initiate a stop, though a middle-aged white guy in an Expedition EL doesn't really pique their interest. That all besides the point though. My point was that we live in a time when many people call the police to report the most ridiculous, benign things (Permit Patty, BBQ Betty, Jogger Joe, the guy who called the police on 12 y/o Reginald Fields for mowing his lawn, etc.) and I'm not interested in making things any easier for these idiots. (And if you've ever spent any time in NJ, there are actually signs all over the highways encouraging people to call the police on speeders.)

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn, don't you read/watch the news? ;) https://mashable.com/article/permit-patty-oakland/#W89XGKG3giqK

I live in a rural, incredibly low crime area where the cops will respond to anything and everything at 2AM simply because they have nothing better to do. My criminal/driving record is pristine and the cops where I live are actually very laid back. When I had to the grocery store, etc. though the area is a bit more high crime and the cops are always look for PC to initiate a stop, though a middle-aged white guy in an Expedition EL doesn't really pique their interest. That all besides the point though. My point was that we live in a time when many people call the police to report the most ridiculous, benign things (Permit Patty, BBQ Betty, Jogger Joe, the guy who called the police on 12 y/o Reginald Fields for mowing his lawn, etc.) and I'm not interested in making things any easier for these idiots. (And if you've ever spent any time in NJ, there are actually signs all over the highways encouraging people to call the police on speeders.)
I read the permit patty store stupid people in a stupid world some times. I saw on live pd some cops not far from me stopped to buy lemonade from some kids with no permit but you dont hear about that.