What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got my Hi-lift 60" Xtreme Jack in today.man glad to have something that doesn't require a 4x4 block to get my rig off the ground.
This thing is a beast to boy.
Was thinking of mounting it on the hood close to the windshield but not sure now may end up going down the side of my Yakima roof rack.
If I do the hood mounting then I can make my own mounts and save $60.
Or spend $60 for the rack mounts..lol
But I'm not feeling this dark grey color of the Hi-lift and sure did not want red so I may end up painting the whole thing Black.
e9e53c2b5bb94f5db2740e3f15bb011f.jpg
1f6f09a4ce92abf52882c17a812a7552.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

justKen

Reaction score
Found the vacuum leak in the plastic supply line for the front axle actuator.

Cut out the section that had become hard & brittle on both the 2wd and 4wd lines/ buttoned it up with rubber vacuum tubing.

My "rathers" would be that the t-case is swapped for a manual, floor shift t-case from an F150, as well as a move from the vacuum-operated diaphragm that moves the axle connect sleeve to one being manually/ cable-operated.

As much as I really like the Expedition, I'm really on the fence right now if I want to build us an Excursion, but for the near future I'm going through to make sure everything is ready for winter.

/K

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Race Red (PQ) is a fleet only color. Per the book its only available for fleet XL model, probably intended for fire departments.

Acknowledging all Expeditions come down the same KY paint & assembly line, the dealership GSM said it was doable, so the fleet manager ordered. I have a body modifier FIN code and have ordered via fleet thru him in the past. Our best guess was strong retail sales & order backlog made the truck unattractive to somebody in production mgmt.

Race Red standard length shown below. A set of wheels, window tint, and ditching the running boards would dramatically change the trucks appearance IMO.
DevensC2new18.jpg

Ruby red, although nice, just doesn't do it for us.

They dont sell em cuz it looks too cheap

Plati

Reaction score
2014 EL, 75K miles --->Had pulsating brakes coming down the mountains in Colorado last month ... so I had new (DuraGo coated) rotors & Wagner Perfect Stop (ceramic) pads installed on front wheels. Rears look fine. Also had 8 new plugs installed, and NYS inspection. Plugs were not due until 100K but I like doing it a bit earlier. Can't hurt.

$706 at my favorite shop. I would have done the work myself but don't have time right now with other priorities. Its OK to support small American businesses, the backbone of this great country of ours!!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed oil and T-Case fluid......T-Case fluid had plenty of metal shavings.......great!!!!!

What am I gonna do you ask? Absolutely nothing. Everything worked before works after and 4WD still works great so I’m pretending I never saw it.