2018 Navigator getting 6th set of Cam Phasers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wait until they buy it back, and it goes to auction, and then back up for sale. Some other poor soul will buy it and the nightmare continues. Should show as a manufacturer buyback on the carfax, but you never know. Actually, at this point, I'd love to see that carfax. I wonder what is going on it from the dealer? Again, bless you Deadman. I don't have your patience.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They finally figured out that they had the intake cam sensors plugged into the exhaust cam sensor ports and the exhausts in the intake plugs. Pretty funny that it takes a "Ford field service engineer" 2 weeks to figure out something so simply, pretty pathetic actually. They should be taking applications for his position.

Lincoln denied the buy back because they fixed it.

We just logged over 100 miles on it and it actually runs amazingly. It has wayyy more power than it ever had before, the exhaust roar stopped, the check engine lights finally gone.

I'm pretty sure we will probably keep it unless it throws another BS cam code.

Lincoln truly F'd us hard on this, as its devalued beyond belief, but my wife plans on keeping it for 6-8 years, so it really won't matter in the end. I know we could stick it to them on the lemon law, but they'll only be obligated to pay us like $55K for it and you won't find a 4th gen Black Label L 4x4 with tow pack that's absolutely flawless inside and outside with the interior and exterior colors we have for anything under $70K in todays market. So with that being said, it would be stupid to lemon law it and f with all that trouble and then need to pull $20K from our pocket to buy a "different identical one". It just makes no sense financially at this point. We have 8year/125K warranty on it too, so they can just fix it until that runs up. :).

I'll guarantee I'll NEVER buy another Lincoln product again, and I WILL tell every single person I come in contact with to also NEVER buy one as they don't give a $hit about their customers and to buy from a company that actually cares about their customers.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ummmm.... just the actual plugs swapped the wrong spots, are you kidding!?!? so they opened up a brand new engine - 2 weeks for the field tech to figure that out? good god WTF. it’s a wonder humans haven’t gone extinct yet. these are the people taking apart your Lincoln? god help us Ford owners. now my gas lines getting crushed makes total sense, & i guess it REALLY can be worse . glad she’s running great! good for you to hang in there

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ummmm.... just the actual plugs swapped the wrong spots, are you kidding!?!? so they opened up a brand new engine - 2 weeks for the field tech to figure that out? good god WTF. it’s a wonder humans haven’t gone extinct yet. these are the people taking apart your Lincoln? god help us Ford owners. now my gas lines getting crushed makes total sense, & i guess it REALLY can be worse . glad she’s running great! good for you to hang in there

They pulled the timing covers off of it to verify the timing and pulled the valve covers off of it to verify the cam phasers were not damaged, but NEVER thought to verify the entire brand new wiring harness that they put on this thing. Brilliant huh?

Plati

Reaction score
I used to design wiring harnesses for minicomputers. I would make sure that if a pigtail length was close enough to plug in the wrong place, different types of connectors were used so a mistake like this doesn't happen. Field Service people can routinely make this type of error (and they will) if its possible. I'm sure Ford Engineering is issuing a Tech Bulletin and redesigning the harness this weekend, as well as conducting a review of all models to make sure this can never happen again.

I hope this holds up and you get many good miles out of this vehicle before you buy your replacement which is electric powered and autonomous.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad they got that sucker figured out and it's running well. Hope it's smooth driving now and for a long time! Knock on wood!

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What a complete **** show.
And when my west trip is over, I get to start the ball rolling on my second set.
The first repair was smooth as silk for over 30,000 miles. Smh